watch it gov he's got a knife

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
news just in ,a guy on the run for armed robbery has his face all over the papers try's to rob a shopkeeper at knife point ,as he get into his car with the days takings , robber puts window of car in ,shopkeeper jumps out of car to defend himself robber gets killed in fight , police say shopkeeper may be done for murder :confused:

Sponsored Links
Good. Poor knifeman. The shopkeeper should know better. He should use a Cash in Transit company. :LOL:

news just in ,a guy on the run for armed robbery has his face all over the papers try's to rob a shopkeeper at knife point ,as he get into his car with the days takings , robber puts window of car in ,shopkeeper jumps out of car to defend himself robber gets killed in fight , police say shopkeeper may be done for murder :confused:

Say that again so it makes sense

My parents were victims of an attempted robbery just before Christmas 2004. 3 guys in ski masks came into their shop waving machetes about. They ran through the inter-joining door into my parent's kitchen where my mother was chatting to her friend. The guy told her to get on the floor and she said "No" and threw boiling water at him from the kettle. His mate came up behind him, and also started shouting at my mother to get down. Anyway, my father was in his workshop and heard the comotion and came up behind the two with a world war one bayonet as protection. Basically my father slapped one of them with the bayonet then dragged him to the ground. The one on the ground told his mate to hit my father, which he did. My father received a machete blow to the top of his head and received a nasty wound. The guy then tried to hit him again and my father put his hand up to defend himself and received another blow, this time to his left hand - basically split his hand open from his wrist to the tip of his little finger.
Anyhow, the 3rd bloke told both his mates to get out, so they all did so. When they ran out of the shop, my dad's little dog ran out the door terrified and was knocked down and killed on the road.
The robbers didn't get away with anything of value and unfortunately were never caught - even after the affair featured on Crimewatch the following February.
The only regret my father has is not sticking the bayonet through the robber instead of slapping him with it.
Believe me, I have no sympathy for any criminal injured or killed by a victim. In fact it pleases me when something like this happens. If the chap in billyo's post gets into any strife over this, it'll be a travesty.

Sponsored Links
As long as the force used is reasonable you won't get convicted.

If, however, you 12 bore some 14 year old tearaway for climbing into your garden and trampling all over your veg you deserve everything you get.

If they use a baseball bat, kill them with your 7 iron
If they use a knife, kill them with a bigger one
If they use a firearm, 12 bore their brains out

And, take a leaf out of the HM Forces manual ... Kill ... Don't wound ... Dead people can't stand up in court and lie their ar** off ;)

Simple.

MW

Megawatt wrote;

And, take a leaf out of the HM Forces manual ... Kill ... Don't wound ... Dead people can't stand up in court and lie their ar** off

And that Megawatt is probably the best advice I have read on this forum to date!

Round of applause to you

Give it a while and wait for the do-gooder brigade who will, no doubt, advise us all to reason with the ar**holes :LOL:

Give it a while and wait for the do-gooder brigade who will, no doubt, advise us all to reason with the ar**holes :LOL:

Go ahead and do what you feel is right, if your willing to risk a life sentence on what you feel is right.

how good would your family feel then without you ?

How would you feel after say, seven yrs of no loving contact with your wife, children, you haven't been there, you don't know your worries ahead.
The shopkeeper did what he thought right at the time, as you and i would, get it wrong, then pay the consequences, i know it's ****, but it's there.

This sort of story, that gets everyone all in a lather, seems to come along every so often.

Of course the police have to look into it if someone gets stabbed to death, whatever the situation may appear to be at first glance. If it all checks out (as it usually does in these cases) then no action is taken, but they just can't take the word for it of the last man standing.

what if the last man standing is the robber,who will do as megawatt wrote
and lie his are# in court, the good will get his day in a wooden box and a fond farewell from his kin :evil:

what if the last man standing is the robber,who will do as megawatt wrote
and lie his are# in court, the good will get his day in a wooden box and a fond farewell from his kin :evil:

That's pretty much my point. Just because someone says the other person was the agressor, the police have to do more than just take it in good faith, even when it may look obvious in cases such as this.

The fact that the 'killer' is out on bail gives you some idea of how the wind is blowing in this case and, I bet, as is usually the case it will be all done and dusted and no chance of charges before too long.

for protection against home invasion I have a replica glock 17 bb gun.. very realistic.. and in case they don't believe that it's real I also have a 9 inch bowey knife on my bedside table.. which i keep razor sharp and have no qualms about using if some little druggie breaks into my house..

If I do ever stab someone then the gun will be wiped of my prints, and placed in their hands.. sounds like reasonable force then.. "He had a gun.. I thought it was real!! "

That's pretty much my point. Just because someone says the other person was the agressor, the police have to do more than just take it in good faith, even when it may look obvious in cases such as this.

You break into some ones house you are the agressor, and become fair game.

Yes, we all know that. I don't think anyone disagrees.

And that is pretty much how the law works.

Why does everyone assume that if you try and point out what is happening here, you are somehow making excuses for the criminal. The police are merely establishing that what is reported to have happened, actually happened. If that is established then this will go no further.

The only change that I'd advocate is calling it something different at this stage - maybe a return to the old 'helping police with their enquiries'.

Yes, we all know that. I don't think anyone disagrees.

And that is pretty much how the law works.

Why does everyone assume that if you try and point out what is happening here, you are somehow making excuses for the criminal. The police are merely establishing that what is reported to have happened, actually happened. If that is established then this will go no further.

agreed
police have to check.
the govt would do well imo if they were clear that if someone is in your house; you can stick them with something sharp.

then i think of all the have a go heros who will end up dead.

Sponsored Links
Back