Watching CCTV on iPhone 5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpg
image.jpg
can anyone help (in very easy terms) how I can watch my CCTV on my phone when not at home I have a Dvr ( doesn't say a make ) on my phone I have superlivepro app which allows me to view on my home wifi but when I'm out and use 3 or 4g won't load this is what is on Dvr network thanks

Sponsored Links
There's a few things that may need doing.

1. In the superlivepro app have you set the ip as for instance 192.168.0.10? If so you need to change it to your outside IP address. While connected to the internet with any device go to google and type in "my ip" you will see a box saying your public ip. Enter this into the ip box in the superlivepro app.

2. If you have done the above and still have issues you may need to log in to your router and setup port forwarding for the port the DVR is using.

Report back let us know.

Turned off wifi -changed address on app comes up with http failed

Sponsored Links
Is the ip and port look like this you are typing in? 80.123.45.67:6036

The 80.123.45.67 changed to your actual IP address

What router does it connect to? Sky/bt/virgin hub? Or other?

The IP I had in which works off wifi was 192.***.***.***and I changed it off google IP 80.*.***.***

Yea but at the end you need to specify the port. So ip 80.x.xxx.xxx:6036 as per the page telling the port. Try that.

This is on the superpro app I changed IP address to the Google one and add 6036 at the end

The next step if that does not work is then you need to setup port forwarding for that port to allow outside traffic of your home network to access it as your router may be blocking access.

Thanks for will give it a go Tomoz let you all know the out come

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back