Water collecting in duct pipe from extractor fan in bathroom

Ah I see. I remove the fan from the bottom. Cool, Ill give that a go! :whistle:

Sponsored Links
Hi guys,

Im reigniting this post (yet again!). For neither love nor money (literally!) can I find a handyman to do this job, so Im going to have a go at it myself. I have an electrician coming out next week (unrelated issue) so Im going to ask him to connect the duct to the fan, and Ill fit the duct to the vent in the roof.

Ive measured the vent pipe and its 105mm diameter. The length from extractor fan to vent is ~5m.

So my plan is to get some flexible insulated duct and make it as tort and short as possible.

I would rather go to a physical shop to buy it in case I get the wrong stuff and need to take it back for whatever reason. Is this the sort of thing I can get in Jewsons? Or B&Q?

Should I get duct which is >105mm and attach it to the vent pipe using a jubilee clip? I cant seem to find any duct which is exactly 105mm, so its better to get slightly bigger than slightly smaller(?)

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back