WATER METERS WHAT?

B

B.O.B DOLE

WELL its all about american contract ownership they are going to bleed us dry we are going back to the old days with the good old well in the back garden. And for any of the nutters out there you can always use it as a grave for the meter reader when he calls...............

Sponsored Links
oh get lost... I'll be paying for yours anyway.

dont start me off on that...
we pipe it all to manchester I believe.

Sponsored Links
I do! I got a pond! For storage purposes only,you Know how it is..... :D Hairyjon

The village of Capel Celyn and the Tryweryn valley near Bala were drowned in 1965 in order to supply water for the City of Liverpool. Eight hundred acres of land was drowned, as well as the school, the post office, the chapel and the cemetery, in order to create the Llyn Celyn (Celyn lake) reservoir.

Twelve farms and land belonging to four other farms were drowned.

Talk about stealing water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Full story at

http://www.llgc.org.uk/ymgyrchu/Dwr/Tryweryn/index-e.htm?lang=_e

One of the reservoirs near me (Swinston or Fewsty, I think) has a village in it, and you could see some of the buildings again about 10 years back when water levels were running low. Same goes for kielder as well.....

Does anyone fancy buying shares in iceburgs

we could hire a tug boat and bring it back from the north pole melt it my back garden and put these scum bags out of business

Swelec. Nice link. I well remember the uproar created when the CEGB (as it was then) applied to build the pumped storage electricity schemes at Blaenau Ffestiniog and Dinorwic (see 'The Electric Mountain' sorry can't remember who published it) when taken there on holiday as a kid. Aren't these lakes, forgive my ignorance of the names of lakes also used as reservoirs for parts of England as well? Can I be so nosey as to ask where you are based? Hairyjon

LOl @ Toffee
anyone would think it was your Clouds ...lol

Spark123.......water .....bah ... lol

B.O.B DOLE
Ill sign up with you , an I believe RichardP has a boat ..lol ;)

when push comes to shove... any rain that falls in my bucket is mine!!!!!
answer you bugger... you sober?

S'true. It is wet up there. Can anyone send us down a few bottles of water in the summer. Might have to forge a few links just incase of a drought. Bit silly I was annoying toffee . Got some spare bottles?

Mark, milk no sugar ta.

Sponsored Links
Back