WATER METERS WHAT?

Nice one mlb3c I can see what you are talking about in your latest post(entry)! Various parts of our country have not had much rain for the last year and our reservoirs are getting very low. With a population of 58-60 million people in such a small area water can become short quite quickly. Um- Unfortunately it looks as if some of our Water Companies may be American-owned- but please don't quote me on that... :confused: Hairyjon

Sponsored Links
hairyjon said:
Nice one mlb3c I can see what you are talking about in your latest post(entry)! Various parts of our country have not had much rain for the last year and our reservoirs are getting very low. With a population of 58-60 million people in such a small area water can become short quite quickly. Um- Unfortunately it looks as if some of our Water Companies may be American-owned- but please don't quote me on that... :confused: Hairyjon
american owned---and that's a bad thing?
if they are (american owned), wouldn't someone have had to sell it to them?
so, if peeved....wouldn't it seem logical to be peeved at the seller as opposed to the buyer?

I'm tellin you.....it's all diet based. not enough fiber, I guess.

hairyjon said:
swelec said:
hairyjon said:
Swelec. Nice link. I well remember the uproar created when the CEGB (as it was then) applied to build the pumped storage electricity schemes at Blaenau Ffestiniog and Dinorwic (see 'The Electric Mountain' sorry can't remember who published it) when taken there on holiday as a kid. Aren't these lakes, forgive my ignorance of the names of lakes also used as reservoirs for parts of England as well? Can I be so nosey as to ask where you are based? Hairyjon

south wales

heads of the valleys

half way between abergavenny and merthyr
Swelec-No prizes for guessing what else I can remember then..... My thoughts....! Hairyjon

sorry hairyjon

you have lost me now

markie said:
It's time to start pi##ing in a bucket :LOL:
better in 4 pint milk bottles from Tesco...seal up and put in with the normal rubbish :eek: I`ll tell you what`ll happen.people won`t flush and the bogs will crust up with limescale so bad that they`ll want them replaced.and the plumbers won`t touch them :mad: also the drains will block more frequently so Yno Drod will do well :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I wonder if (doubtful) the water suppliers are stepping into a potential trap?

If all supplies to customers are monitored, there should be a demand for accurate data on the supplier's output ... The difference being a pretty accurate measure of the water lost in the system, mainly through leaks I would have thought.

The difference could be a measure of the supplier's efficiency and perhaps help to cap price rises which may be no more than conduits feeding shareholder's profits.

:D :D

Oh I've held this inside me for days now, but am going to have to let it out......

IT SERVES THE DAFT B**GERS RIGHT FOR CRAMMING INTO THE SOUTH EAST, WHEN THERE'S A WHOLE BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY WITH LOADS OF WATER OUT THERE !!!!!

There, I've said it......

But it's grim up north....

mlb3c - you must realise that bob dole is very anti-american, to the point of seeing conspiracies. If he were a communist, the phrase "capitalist running-dog lackeys" would come naturally to him.

As for the beef stew, forget the cornbread - dumplings are what you want.

from what i read, bobdole is anti.....just about everything.

oh....and i love dumplings.....but usually with chicken or turkey broth===thick-lite on the meat.

empip said:
If all supplies to customers are monitored, there should be a demand for accurate data on the supplier's output ... The difference being a pretty accurate measure of the water lost in the system, mainly through leaks I would have thought.
I understand London have over 30% water leakage problem and what have they done about that, nothing! Cost too much money doesn't it?
The love of money is the root of all evil!

masona said:
empip said:
I understand London have over 30% water leakage problem and what have they done about that, nothing! Cost too much money doesn't it?

Probably... This is becoming a 'bump' competition it seems.
:D

johnny_t said:
Oh I've held this inside me for days now, but am going to have to let it out......

IT SERVES THE DAFT B**GERS RIGHT FOR CRAMMING INTO THE SOUTH EAST, WHEN THERE'S A WHOLE BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY WITH LOADS OF WATER OUT THERE !!!!!

There, I've said it......
What the hell did you have to tell them that for?

masona
London ..bah

good post .. :) :) :)

ban-all-sheds said:
mlb3c said:
oh....and i love dumplings.....but usually with chicken or turkey broth===thick-lite on the meat.
So what size would they be?

wrong section...my a s s ....
dumplings....oooh if given a choice...the bigger the better
and to stay with topic....who would have thought that they would have bottled water like soft drinks and people actually buy them....it's probably a bigger market than coca cola products....

johnny_t said:
dont give them ideas! :LOL: theres already enough soft southerners popping up around here! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back