we buy any car

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seen the ad,? put your car in and be surprised, my daughter's 55 polo, below ave milage is worth £1800 to them, but the good thing is, the nearest drop off from me is only 2 miles away :D

Tthe Vultures are out again

Sponsored Links
thats amazing i tried them with a 52 plate 7 seater maverick worth about £4000 at the time and they offered me £900 needless to say i decided against it

Not too sure on this.......................
The only polo's I have knowledge about......are the one's I find down the side of the sofa............ :LOL: :LOL:

like most off these bying or selling services [gold/house/car/loan]are based on nievity or desperation
basicly taking advantage off the desperate or vunerable in society

we all expect people to earn a living but some take the pee often to the extreme :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

happy xmass :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
06 citroen C4 £4025. TBH, not a bad price (not as bad as above anyway). I was honest about the bodywork condition too, three areas of damage (dents and scratches from car parks).

Though I would hope to get £5000 minimum from a dealer. Bought it 18 months ago for a touch over £7000. :)

from what I have heard they offer one price on the phone and another when it's collected / dropped off.

this is what they do, they offer you a good price on the phone,and when you take the car to them they offer you a lower price and then they take your car to a car auction and make a good profit on your car,they never lose money on cars. you might as well put the car in auction yourself.

sold them my WRX, Honda dealer was not interested in taking it. Didn't want the hassle of time wasters and boy racers wanting a free drive. Had a figure in my head which I felt was a sensible price. I did not expect to get a retail price, did the bits on the net, got an offer which exceeded my figure. Went to centre next day, guy glanced over it, money was in bank 48hrs. I doubt very much if they would have made any money putting it in an auction, mileage was over the average and a bit high for age.
Got what I expected, a sensible trade price with minimal hassle for a car in average condition.

I go to a well known car auction in enfield, and believe me when I say they put their cars in there under a different name every tuesday, they put in about 200 plus and they usually sell over 90 percent. and if they gave what you think the car was worth, then believe me the car was worth more. oh and by the way they sell under the name cct if you dont believe me just pop up to enfield about 10 am on tuesday.

they didn't give me what the car was worth, obviously I could have advertised it and got £2k more, possibly. But I knew there were issues with the car which a potential buyer with half a brain would have picked up. I didn't want to spent time with tyre kickers and got an acceptable trade-in price, which was more than the Honda dealer would have given if they had wanted the car. At the end of the day there in business to earn money same as me.

they didn't give me what the car was worth, obviously I could have advertised it and got £2k more, possibly. But I knew there were issues with the car which a potential buyer with half a brain would have picked up. I didn't want to spent time with tyre kickers and got an acceptable trade-in price, which was more than the Honda dealer would have given if they had wanted the car. At the end of the day there in business to earn money same as me.

if your happy with the price you got then fair enough. but there are desperate people out there who havent got a clue what their cars are worth and they take any offer they are given,and second hand car prices have gone up because theres not many about due to the scrappage scheme.

if your happy with the price you got then fair enough.
So one didnt look stupid, I'd have pointed out to them "I know thats less than its worth, I know your game, but im happy with the price" Or they'd have been laughing behind your back.

Sponsored Links
Back