We won't get any Trade Deals - Zero

Sponsored Links
So based on that i’d say they would be very interested in a good deal.

The two parties to the negotiations are HMG and the remaining 27 nations of the EU. Any deal has to be approved by both parties, and the 27 nations. The UK is the party that keeps threatening a no-deal, and whose more rabid members keep saying it's no problem.

BMW is not a party to the negotiations.

Have you seen Theresa changing tack to suit our businesses?

Have you seen Theresa changing tack to suit our businesses?[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember she was against Brexit before the referendum, it was only after she got the PM`s job that she changed her mind

Have you seen Theresa changing tack to suit our businesses?

I seem to remember she was against Brexit before the referendum, it was only after she got the PM`s job that she changed her mind[/QUOTE]

Was that to suit our businesses, or a power grab ?

Sponsored Links
BMW is not a party to the negotiations.

My looney left mate Gerry is a conspiracy thesaurus. Now John you may not be. But Gerry would pretty much agree with you on most things Brexit. He told me the same thing about BMW VW not having a say.

Next breath he tells me government's are run by big Business and that the leaders are just puppets. Like I say looney.

But would you not agree big businesses does have a say and gets its way if only some of the time.??

You missed out about their manufacturing plants here?

I didn’t know they had any here.

Of course they want that. Do you think they will crumble if it doesn't happen and we have to pay more for their products and services ?

No, but next time I want a new BMW, if the price is too high I would go and look what was is on offer elsewhere. They would never crumble but could be dented.

Care to name any other cars and their parts that will stay unaffected , or even be cheaper ?

I would imagine all car prices will be the same price after Brexit.

No, but next time I want a new BMW, if the price is too high I would go and look what was is on offer elsewhere. They would never crumble but could be dented.

The Mini plant is what he talks about. But they would sell well to the EU as the £ is so week at he moment

But would you not agree big businesses does have a say and gets its way if only some of the time.??

BMW is entitled to express its opinion to the German government, and also to the UK government. It might have less luck if it tries to change the minds of 28 governments.

The governments will decide what to do.

But the EU has long ago expressed the principles it is working to, and their negotiating team is working to instructions agreed and documented by the 27 remaining nations.

Nobody knows what principles the UK team is working to. Perhaps, for the moment, it is the discredited Chequers agreement. It does not have a coherent and sane policy on the Irish border.

You didnt know they had any plants here, but you feel qualified to say there will no issues because they need our trade? Nobody has said trade will stop, but it is how, and at what price, and restrictions it carries on with.

Our exports won't stop simply because of brexit. But they will be affected. Will that help or hinder do you think ?

Surely if you were buying a car now you would look at a range of choices anyway? If a german car was right for you, you would buy it, still. Just might need to find extra money.

And if you think car prices will be the same after brexit, then I hope you are right. I don't share your view though. I fail to see how prices will not be affected.

So what do u do for a living then Hmmm enlighten me/us . Think I have asked u before ;) is it a source of embarrassment ?

MOD: Please refrain from more of this pretentious Ad hominem clap trap. All of you.
Pray tell what possible relevance the occupation of another poster possibly has to do with the discussion?
Surely the implication that someone's occupation is "a source of embarrassment" is nothing more than an ad hominem attack.

Knowing transam as we do, he is requesting this information purely in an attempt to embarrass another poster.

I guess as a cc forum member he is allowed certain freedoms that others would be denied.

Just a small sample of transam's typical comments:
Wonder if she has a washing machine :idea: or has to struggle down to the laundrette :idea::eek:

bit of a no go area may be :LOL:

Travellers sites ;)

generally no go areas

A no go area ??? :idea:

"him again want to be" missus going out the house on her own :idea:

:LOL:

Of course there is get real noseall

Font seat of "him a gain wanna be's" car for his missus

:LOL:

A no go area

Nosealls missus on holiday with him :idea::LOL:

So if it is 1 euro to £1 and then we are putting Tarriffs on imports surely that's bad for the exporters into our country.

And bad for you if you want a foreign holiday, or if you want to buy anything that's imported. Such as food, clothes, petrol, cars, washing machines...

You didnt know they had any plants here, but you feel qualified to say there will no issues because they need our trade? Nobody has said trade will stop, but it is how, and at what price, and restrictions it carries on with.

Our exports won't stop simply because of brexit. But they will be affected. Will that help or hinder do you think ?

Surely if you were buying a car now you would look at a range of choices anyway? If a german car was right for you, you would buy it, still. Just might need to find extra money.

And if you think car prices will be the same after brexit, then I hope you are right. I don't share your view though. I fail to see how prices will not be affected.

I didn’t say there will be no issues, I said they won’t want much to change and neither will we.

I just bought a BMW, I like German cars and this seemed well priced, spec’d and sized for me and my family. If German cars were suddenly more expensive, next time I needed one I would go to see what else was on offer.

Next time I want a new car I can’t imagine the prices will have changed much (if at all) so i’ll likely get another German car.

How much money do you think Brexit could add to the cost of a £25,000 German car bought in the UK?

How much money do you think Brexit could add to the cost of a £25,000 German car bought in the UK?

No idea. Unlikely to be the same price though.

What about the simple effect on the pound, let alone any tariffs or barriers that might happen.

Unless of course you think we can get as good a deal with the EU as we have now . Do you ?

And bad for you if you want a foreign holiday, or if you want to buy anything that's imported. Such as food, clothes, petrol, cars, washing machines...

I'll have to buy a Japanese car a Korean washing machine a holiday in Turkey drink and eat English cheese and wine. make my clothes last longer.
None of my pain is going to make it less pain for the French or German workers that loose their jobs.

I'll take my pain. The workers of Europe have asked for none of this.

Sponsored Links
Back