Well at least Labour

Sponsored Links

Why on earth should I bother to remember names? I don't. I just listen and am rather careful about where I get my news from.

;) I do understand your brexit byline by the way and am inclined to agree but like many things it depends how it's looked at.

Not if the resources to test the extra 450,000 could be spent on other priorities.

Potholes? Tax cuts? Pay rises for MPs?

what is the biggest existential crisis currently facing the nation?

Sponsored Links
PPE, ventilators, cleaning. Everything is finite. Everything you do in a crisis is at the expense of something else.

Everything is finite.

Got you. And Britain's NHS falls behind other comparable nations, not because of a short-term crisis but because of chronic underfunding and running down. Remind me, who's been the government in power for the last ten years?

When you've done that, tell me why UK did not manage to order many ventilators, facemasks, shields, gowns and scrubs? Can Hancock tell you why volunteers are busy over their sewing machines trying to plug the shortfall?

Was Boris asleep in January and February? Or too busy shaking the hand of infected people and passing the disease on?

I dont know why Matt Hancock has said 100,000 tests / day by the end of April -ive heard experts say they resources arent there to scale up in that time.

I dont know why Matt Hancock has said 100,000 tests / day by the end of April -ive heard experts say they resources arent there to scale up in that time.

That's the problem until it happens experts don't know so the 100,000 a day may or may not be met. Have to wait and see. It's the same with aggressive tracking of infections. Experts mention options on easing lock downs and various controls - they may or may not happen.

That's the problem until it happens experts don't know

I forget the guys name, but he seemed pretty conversant with the UKs laboratory testing capacity, both NHS, private, university.

I fail to see how the UK can scale up to do more testing than Germany in 3 weeks time.

The reason we aren't doing enough tests isn't prioritisation of resources.

it's because we didn't order them sooner. So we haven't got enough.

Our government and health secretary are responsible for that.

They had the same information, and the same notice, as other nations that have done better.

In March, Dutch diagnostics maker Qiagen announced plans to more than quadruple the production of some of its kits, used to extricate viral RNA strands from a sample. By the end of April, the company aims to enable more than 6.5 million tests worldwide before increasing that number to over 10 million by the end of June.

When did Hancock ask Glaxo GSK, and Astra Zeneca to start? Last week, Hancock said the government would work with pharmaceutical companies to help with the rapid increase. That's April.

Not too early to recognise an incompetent shambles when we see it.

Germany doing ten times as many tests as UK. Do you think they're supermen?

Sponsored Links
Back