Wetherspoons boss calls for more EU migration to tackle bar staff shortage

It’s only your current employer (and affiliates) you can’t work for. A furloughed air steward for example could work as a waiter without impacting their furlough as long as the employment contract allowed it.

Sponsored Links
I don’t think we’d have left if freedom of movement had been restricted to freedom to work. Couple that with an expansion of the EU to low paid, poorer Eastern European counties. The whole thing could have been avoided.

I don’t think we’d have left if freedom of movement had been restricted to freedom to work. Couple that with an expansion of the EU to low paid, poorer Eastern European counties. The whole thing could have been avoided.
Only if it was based on genuine concerns for specific aspects.
If Brexit was based on an ideological anti-EU attitude, there was no way it could have been avoided. Brexiteers would employ and exploit any and very issue to argue their cause.

Sponsored Links
A lot of it boiled down to press articles highlighting the problems.

People living on benefits while sending money home to build a farm, child benefit being paid to kids not living here, healthcare tourism.. etc etc.

Then you have all the drunken leadership making arrogant comments and forcing rules unevenly.

I genuinely think romain thought they had it in the bag and only nutters would vote leave. At the end of the day the numbers don’t lie.

A lot of it boiled down to press articles highlighting the problems.

People living on benefits while sending money home to build a farm, child benefit being paid to kids not living here, healthcare tourism.. etc etc.

Then you have all the drunken leadership making arrogant comments and forcing rules unevenly.
Biased and misleading articles on bent bananas and other untrue allegations.
As I said, ideological anti-EU Brexiteers would exploit and employ any and every issue despite whether there was any truth in any of it.
Bent bananas, Turkey, £350M, etc.

I genuinely think romain thought they had it in the bag and only nutters would vote leave. At the end of the day the numbers don’t lie.
Maybe many Remainers didn't vote because they thought they had it in the bag.
At the end of the day it was only a tiny majority of those that voted, out of those that were allowed to vote.

Many I have spoken to, thought that the Blackmail attempt by Barack Obama, turned the vote.

Perhaps you would care to point these countries out.
I was talking about allowing freedom of movement :rolleyes:

The UK left the EU/EEA mainly because of xenophobic/racist views...

Thus there are now only 30 countries for EU nationals to choose from...

Funny how brexiteers themselves can't admit this!

Coming over here taking our jobs!!!

So why hasn't Tim raised wages - I thought that Brexit would now force employers to raise wages as they could not tap into the supply of low wage EU workers.

Many I have spoken to, thought that the Blackmail attempt by Barack Obama, turned the vote.

Blackmail is when you demand something in return. What did Obama demand for saying the UK would be at the back of the queue for trade negotiations?

Coming over here taking our jobs!!!

So why hasn't Tim raised wages - I thought that Brexit would now force employers to raise wages as they could not tap into the supply of low wage EU workers.
Martin might finally be realising that 'our lot' don't want 'his jobs' in his scumbag boozers...

The sooner they are closed down and he buggers off to Singapore to be with his fellow conspirator Dyson the better!

Blackmail is when you demand something in return. What did Obama demand for saying the UK would be at the back of the queue for trade negotiations?

Are you so naive to believe that he would just threaten us, for no reason.

It's blindingly obvious what he wanted from us.

Are you so naive to believe that he would just threaten us, for no reason.

It's blindingly obvious what he wanted from us.

Threaten us for what in return? He said it in April 2016, he was leaving the Presidency in just over 6 months. So what did he want in return?

Sponsored Links
Back