Wetherspoons boss calls for more EU migration to tackle bar staff shortage

Sometimes politicians don’t realise that voters mostly do the opposite of what they ask. Basically we don’t trust any of them and when they tell us what is good for us we assume there is an opposite agenda.

Sponsored Links
if we dont trust them, why vote them in? If the politicians are so out of touch why do they keep getting voted in?

Something is broken and it looks like the poltical system.

It’s human nature that we expect forgiveness for our own shortcomings but hold others to high regard. We will always distrust those volunteering to lead. Are you aware of anywhere that is different? North Korea perhaps ;)

if we dont trust them, why vote them in? If the politicians are so out of touch why do they keep getting voted in?

Something is broken and it looks like the poltical system.
Not only has the political system been broken for decades, certain parts of the electorate have been so dumbed down that they'll vote for someone/some party who promises everything and then simply shrug their shoulders when nothing is delivered!

Sponsored Links
They do like voting against ther self interests time and time again. Farmers, Fishermen and who's next? :mrgreen:

I don’t think we’d have left if freedom of movement had been restricted to freedom to work.
Wow.

So you really didnt like freedom to go on holiday or freedom to study at university?

WT*.....?

Tim Martin was a big advocate of Brexit. Even going as far as making a big thing about not stocking European drinks and products. Though why he needed to punish innocent EU countries and their food and drink producers when his beef was with The EU is uncertain. For someone who must have at least a modicum of intelligence, it's surprising that he ignored the fact that his business model relies on large numbers of low paid employees with a good service ethic. On the odd occasion that I visit a 'spoons it's quite usual to be served my shandy :) by someone from across the water. Martin played a part in helping to turn off the supply of willing labour - too late now he's realised that he shot himself in the foot.

People living on benefits while sending money home to build a farm, child benefit being paid to kids not living here, healthcare tourism.. etc etc.
But all of that, except for people actually working, or for more than a short period, was because of decisions freely made by our democratically elected government, not imposed by the EU. They were the ones in control, not the EU.

You know all that and yet still you trot out the same tired old nonsense.

I genuinely think romain thought they had it in the bag and only nutters would vote leave. At the end of the day the numbers don’t lie.
There were obviously a lot of nutters.

Coming over here taking our jobs!!!
The problem is theyre not coming over here and not staffing our businesses.

Soon itll be them not coming over here and not picking our strawberries.

So why hasn't Tim raised wages
Its a puzzle, as he is well known for being a generous employer.

Tim Martin was a big advocate of Brexit. Even going as far as making a big thing about not stocking European drinks and products. Though why he needed to punish innocent EU countries and their food and drink producers when his beef was with The EU is uncertain.
Lots of luvverly free publicity in mass circulation newspapers.

And an ego trip to show how he was an important man with important views.

For someone who must have at least a modicum of intelligence, it's surprising that he ignored the fact that his business model relies on large numbers of low paid employees with a good service ethic.
Just another one who voted against his own interests.

On the odd occasion that I visit a 'spoons it's quite usual to be served my shandy :) by someone from across the water. Martin played a part in helping to turn off the supply of willing labour - too late now he's realised that he shot himself in the foot.
We keep hearing about people like that. Roger Daltrey a few weeks ago. Then there was that guy who had a business farming eels and exporting to the the EU, who basicall voted to go bankrupt.

Sooner or later we are going to start hearing from all the "little people" who were misled into voting against their best interests.

Sooner or later we are going to start hearing from all the "little people" who were misled into voting against their best interests.
And they will no doubt get short shrift from those intelligent enough to have known that all along...

'off' is I believe the second word required when they demand their 'handouts'!

I thought brexit was going to lower prices?

E23HnrJWQA0UnIV

Brexit shrank UK services exports by more than £110bn over a four-year period, new research shows, highlighting the far-reaching trade implications of Britain’s decision to break away from the EU. Experts at Aston University in Birmingham found that UK services exports from 2016 to 2019 were cumulatively £113bn lower than they would have been had the UK not voted to quit the EU in June 2016.

https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net%2Fproduction%2F971cad9a-c45c-4b17-9988-415c4b0148ff.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back