Wetherspoons tea/coffee

Sponsored Links
Frank's greasy spoon in Southwark, always £5 for a fry up. (if it's still going that is) it is apparently.

Sponsored Links
Not quite haute cuisine, but a cabbies favourite (there's a cab repair shop just down the road)

Frank's_Café.jpg

Attachments

• Frank's_Café.jpg
    Frank's_Café.jpg
    633.2 KB · Views: 53
Also Rose and Crown in Southwark, did a top Thai curry for a fiver.

Guess who worked in Southwark for many years :LOL:

Nah, I've eaten cracking full English breakfasts (big ones too) for under a fiver, less than a mile from places where a cream tea is £25.

Similarly, beers for £3.50 in one pub, yet £6 a five - minute walk away.

As you say though, the examples I gave are a 5 min walk away from Borough market, which is now eye poppingly expensive.

Also Rose and Crown in Southwark, did a top Thai curry for a fiver.

Guess who worked in Southwark for many years :LOL:

I did some work in a secondary school there.

The site manager (used to be called a caretaker) asked me if we would be carrying knives while on site.
Of course, I and my second said no.

"You'll be the only ones here who aren't then", was his somewhat depressing reply!

I did some work in a secondary school there.

The site manager (used to be called a caretaker) asked me if we would be carrying knives while on site.
Of course, I and my second said no.

"You'll be the only ones here who aren't then", was his somewhat depressing reply!

Aye, Southwark is as rough as the proverbial if you dare venture off the South bank.

In all fairness though, all of the kids we met while doing our work were polite, so that's good (y)

Never got in to bother myself, but then work dress was casual. Dodgy after dark I was told, but then I was only 30 seconds away from the tube station.

Sponsored Links
Back