Wetherspoons tea/coffee

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Last Friday - Take-away price £3-00 per pint (or £20 for a gallon) for cask (real) ale.
Saturday - Drink in price £3-40 to £3-60 per pint for cask ale.
Pub's B-B-Q £3-50 for hamburger or sausage bun.

Decided to pop in to a pub on our Sunday walk for lunch as a treat, booked our slot, very impressive Covid prep on behalf of the Pub.

1 Chicken burger with a few fries and a small dollop of coleslaw £15
1 Ploughmans Roll (read ham cheese pickle) £9.95

I know I live in Surrey but with those prices, mrs motorbiking will be enjoying packed lunches on future outings.

Buffet sounds like gauranteed helping of Kung Flu. Surprised if they were even allowed now.

No, they are not allowed to open yet and when they do it will be under strict regulations. I can't see them this side of Christmas to be honest and I certainly don't think it will be a 'help yourself' style like it used to be.

Buffet sounds like gauranteed helping of Kung Flu. Surprised if they were even allowed now.
For a year or so before lockdown, we had been visiting an Indian all you can eat buffet, bit of a trip up to Morden, but it was £6.99 per head, and they were doing Carlsberg for £2.99 a pint. It wasn't the best of food, but average, never had any problems except when I ate too much. The 'spoons pub I mentioned was in the City, and so is quite cheap, £5 + a pint elsewhere before lockdown, local 'spoons pub is less than £3 a pint.

Decided to pop in to a pub on our Sunday walk for lunch as a treat, booked our slot, very impressive Covid prep on behalf of the Pub.

1 Chicken burger with a few fries and a small dollop of coleslaw £15
1 Ploughmans Roll (read ham cheese pickle) £9.95

I know I live in Surrey but with those prices, mrs motorbiking will be enjoying packed lunches on future outings.

Those food prices are twice the M-I-L's local's prices... (M1 Junc 19).
My local's food prices are under 2/3's of those (and you don't go away hungry).

Worst pub pricing I ever encountered was in Westminster about 2013 - £4-75 a pint + £1-00 "Service Charge"...!

One local had a Tuesday 'Big Plate Special' before the lockdown, for £6. One of the items on the menu was 4x chicken breasts on the big plate, as Hunters Chicken. According to their online menu, the Tuesday Special has survived the lockdown, at the same price. Its just far too much for either of us to manage, but we always take a take-away container for the left overs, for the dogs. I had planned to go for one last Tuesday, but too late - SWMBO had made arrangements for dinner at home. Maybe next week?

Sponsored Links
Back