What a pointless waste of time.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, Brexit has happened and trade negotiations will soon start. Some on here have been saying that it could take years to negotiate deals. Maybe it will but if parliament had carried out the result of the referendum without delay, we'd be nearly four years into those negotiations this morning. They might have even been sorted and we could move on as a country from then, giving stability. I wonder if all those that took part in the stalling process - MP's, Gina Miller, Tw@t Bercow to name but a few - feel any sense of shame this morning for their time wasting that has caused so much uncertainty for the UK? I somehow doubt it.

Sponsored Links
Sadly you dont understand the reason it took so long.

The brexit sold by the Leave campaign cant be delivered
What you voted for cant be delivered

It still wont be delivered.

your thread title is correct "Brexit is a pointless waste of time"

caused so much uncertainty for the UK?

If the referendum had been remain, you wouldve forgotten all about it, there would have been no uncertainty everything would have been carrying on fine.

But youve been stirred up to get angry over a problem that never existed.

Go on, tell how 'getting back control' will make the slightest difference to your life.

Sponsored Links
Well you're wrong.

If we'd dropped out immediately when the referendum was counted up we wouldn't have a transitional deal, which we're just starting now. My guess is that if we'd just dropped out immediately it would have been pretty disastrous. All of the worst bits of 'project fear'. Those haven't happened in part because it's been dragged out so long.

We could have shortened the timeline significantly in many ways, but that's the beauty of hindsight.

We could have shortened the timeline significantly in many ways, but that's the beauty of hindsight

The biggest error was enacting A50 immediately.
Just done for political tub thumping.

What should have happened is government should have worked out the brexit they wanted and only triggered A50 once they knew what they were voting for.

This hard brexit by Johnson has been entirely political -he had to out gun the brexit party for votes.
Which has now boxed him in

MOD: We are currently exploring new guidelines for posting on GD, with the option of closing the forum down (as opposed to the fora in total) Many members on here simply cannot or refuse to behave in an acceptable manner, which has led to far too many threads being locked or deleted. As members here seem incapable of self control, they will in future be severely sanctioned including temporary suspensions and or permanent bans if unacceptable behaviour continues. This includes all members regardless of their longevity as a site user.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you're wrong.

If we'd dropped out immediately when the referendum was counted up we wouldn't have a transitional deal, which we're just starting now. My guess is that if we'd just dropped out immediately it would have been pretty disastrous. All of the worst bits of 'project fear'. Those haven't happened in part because it's been dragged out so long.

We could have shortened the timeline significantly in many ways, but that's the beauty of hindsight.

No you're wrong ..........no one ever said drop out immediately where have you got that from ? There would always have been a transition period and details to work out ..........it would have happened years ago except for happleas politicians !

No you're wrong ..........no one ever said drop out immediately where have you got that from ?
Mottie said:
Maybe it will but if parliament had carried out the result of the referendum without delay, we'd be nearly four years into those negotiations this morning.
There, that's where I got it from. :rolleyes:

This is one of the key problems the Brexit process encountered. There was no binding detail for what the 'leave' vote entailed. So every single leave voter may have wanted and expected a different thing when they voted.

MOD: We are currently exploring new guidelines for posting on GD, with the option of closing the forum down (as opposed to the fora in total) Many members on here simply cannot or refuse to behave in an acceptable manner, which has led to far too many threads being locked or deleted. As members here seem incapable of self control, they will in future be severely sanctioned including temporary suspensions and or permanent bans if unacceptable behaviour continues. This includes all members regardless of their longevity as a site user

Well I am certainly guilty of that, I will make sure future posts are polite and avoid goading.

Please can I ask all regulars to join me in a new direction and make GD a friendly forum.

We can't complain this country is divided if we don't curb our own behaviour.

Well I am certainly guilty of that, I will make sure future posts are polite and avoid goading.

Please can I ask all regulars to join me in a new direction and make GD a friendly forum.

We can't complain this country is divided if we don't curb our own behaviour.
I love you Notch

Sponsored Links
Back