What adhesive tape ....

Nothing sticks to it, that's why they stitch it and/or weld it.
Really?

I've used EPDM stuck on with evo-stick in the past, but wanted to avoid it this time hoping tape would be easier and quicker.

Sponsored Links
I used that too yesterday. This morning it was unstuck.

Edit. I see you wrote duck, and I read duct. Did you mean duck or duct? I meant duct not duck. Some people say duct instead of duck or duck instead of duct.
Some people mean duct, but say duck, but you hear it as duct. So you never know if they mean duct or duck. Life is confusing o_O

stop-killing-ducks.jpg

my thoughts
if its say a fairly level open surface and to hold the edge down temporary perhaps double-sided tape and perhaps 4x2 to weigh it down a few inches in from the edge so any pull is sideways [in shear] so more resilient in windy situations ???
if i have misunderstood then sorry :giggle:

Sponsored Links
I used that too yesterday. This morning it was unstuck.

Edit. I see you wrote duck, and I read duct. Did you mean duck or duct? I meant duct not duck. Some people say duct instead of duck or duck instead of duct.
Duck tape. Or gorriia which is a brand.
I wonder if tarps are coated? Try giving it a wipe with meths which you can pick up small bottle of.

Duct tape as in for tapeing air conditioning ducts. .
There is a duct tape trade named duck also another called gorilla we use one called hippo.
So pick your animal or bird!

Which "tarp" do you have and where is it boing used?

I once made the mistake of making a temporary tarp lean to spray booth using cheap blue tarps. After a about two weeks I noticed blue specs landing on the surfaces that I was spraying. It clearly wasn't a UV safe tarp.

Duct tape as in for tapeing air conditioning ducts. .
There is a duct tape trade named duck also another called gorilla we use one called hippo.
So pick your animal or bird!

Just to muddy the water further.... sometime people used the foil based tape for ducting, rather than the "cloth"-type duct tape (also known as gaffer tape).

This

I went to their website, and downloaded the PDF, I still have no idea what the tape is for.

I am not saying that the tape won't work, it is just odd that even in your link they don't bother explaining what the tape does.

I went to their website, and downloaded the PDF, I still have no idea what the tape is for.

I am not saying that the tape won't work, it is just odd that even in your link they don't bother explaining what the tape does.
It looks like the stuff we use to seal laps on membrane like Tyvek. A rubbery/butyl type material? I'm not sure if it's reinforced, or needs to be

I'll have a better look later, but for £23 a roll I'd expect it to be able to seal tears in the space-time continuum.

It is reinforced we use it with with there EPDM systems on windows on r.c framed buildings and it's a bugger to remove

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back