What amazes me is that some people actuallly believe we should have stayed in the EU

76190-oh-my-god-who-the-hell-cares-m-W4nV.png

Sponsored Links
If I make a proposal to knock down Big Ben and put up something else, and if I campaign for support for my proposal, and tell people it will bring great benefits, whose job is it to say what the "something else" that I am proposing should be like?

View attachment 102967
Cameron made the proposal by giving us the referendum. And remember that he had the resources of government to push his case for Remaining. The Leavers didn't have those resources. I would agree that some of the Leavers claims - particularly the £350m - were pie in the sky (but so were many of the Remainers' prophecies of doom), but that doesn't detract from the principle, which is that we should be our own masters, and not beholden to the EU.

If I make a proposal to knock down Big Ben and put up something else, and if I campaign for support for my proposal, and tell people it will bring great benefits, whose job is it to say what the "something else" that I am proposing should be like?

View attachment 102967
Cameron made the proposal by giving us the referendum. And remember that he had the resources of government to push his case for Remaining. The Leavers didn't have those resources. I would agree that some of the Leavers claims - particularly the £350m - were pie in the sky (but so were many of the Remainers' prophecies of doom), but that doesn't detract from the principle, which is that we should be our own masters, and not beholden to the EU.
Even if outright lies are told in order to deride the EU and present an inaccurate perception of the EU?

Sponsored Links
I've changed my mind.. am very pleased now the UK voted out!

The EU have decided to put a big cull list out of non-native species, including my much liked grey squirrel.
So for the mistakes of man, many animals have to be killed and more than likely in an inhuman way, much like the badger cull, of which didn't work. Doesn't seem fair to me.

Here's a pic of a cheeky squirrel who used to come to our back door to ask for grub. How can anyone want to kill these? They are clever, comical (who can forget the mission impossible squirrel stuff on TV?!) and they have bad, incorrect press about the pox virus.

Bloody, sodding EU!

Attachments

• 281569_443584282344584_1445351273_n.jpg
    281569_443584282344584_1445351273_n.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited by a moderator:
There are no grey squirrels here.

When and if the English leave the EU, the rest of us will stay in, and will continue to participate in making the rules.

I wonder which way the UK reps voted on the question of your verminous grey tree-rats. Or maybe it's just an idea, not even a regulation. I hope they turned up and participated in the discussions, unlike your English MEP Farage, who I hear was on the Fisheries Committee for years, and only ever turned up to one meeting. Claiming his pay and not doing the work. Some sort of crook.

I suppose if you're a vegan, and don't support the killing of calves, lambs, ducks, or chickens; and you don't keep a dog, so don't support the killing of horses; and don't keep a cat, so don't support the killing of voles and songbirds, you might have a humanitarian opinion on the killing of vermin.

We still have the native Scots red-haired squirrel.

Apart from the Catholics, we are welcoming of diversity.

There are no grey squirrels here.

When and if the English leave the EU, the rest of us will stay in, and will continue to participate in making the rules.

I wonder which way the UK reps voted on the question of your verminous grey tree-rats. Or maybe it's just an idea, not even a regulation. I hope they turned up and participated in the discussions, unlike your English MEP Farage, who I hear was on the Fisheries Committee for years, and only ever turned up to one meeting. Claiming his pay and not doing the work. Some sort of crook.

I suppose if you're a vegan, and don't support the killing of calves, lambs, ducks, or chickens; and you don't keep a dog, so don't support the killing of horses; and don't keep a cat, so don't support the killing of voles and songbirds, you might have a humanitarian opinion on the killing of vermin.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/scie...y-eu-on-grey-squirrels-and-raccoons-1.2742911

I don't eat meat, I don't buy products tested on animals or animal ingredients, I don't kill anything. I have been like this for the last 34 years.
I feed wildlife, I help birds and more recently we have a new hedgehog in the garden coming in and we feed him too. Loves a bit of mealworm don't you know.
I do my bit where I can to counteract the amount of **** humans do to wildlife in the name of sport, profit and so called 'expertise'. So yeah, I think I am ok as to have an opinion on the matter and dislike the fact that squirrels, and other animals will have to suffer at the hands of man, for mistakes made by man in the first place.
As per ****ing usual, mankind is the bigger bastard in all this.

Sponsored Links
Back