What amazes me is that some people actuallly believe we should have stayed in the EU

Considering all these religions of peace have been doing their good works for the last few thousand years, they don't seem to be very successful!

Sponsored Links
Considering all these religions of peace have been doing their good works for the last few thousand years, they don't seem to be very successful!
I don't disagree.
There have been some good works, but sadly the history and legacy of religion is not particularly benign.
But "religion" is a man-made concept.
The religious could argue that God is real, that belief/faith, etc is real, but religion is a man-made concept. Often designed and propounded to pursue human objectives.

This is because the Outists did not have a manifesto or a plan, they only had slogans, that were incompatible with each other and could not be knitted into a cohesive set of objectives. Outism is not a political party and is not a structured organisation.

Then the blame lies squarely with Cameron. He was so arrogant in assuming that Remain would win, that he did not think of preparing a fall-back plan. This was total abdication of the Government's responsibility, which is prepare for all eventualities.
The Government of the day was entitled to have - and express - an opinion, but it should also have had a fall-back plan. Had Cameron and Osborne not kept persuading Obama et al to support project fear, it's quite likely that the fallout due to the Leave vote would have been nothing like as bad. All other nations would have seen that we had a plan, and that would have maintained confidence in the UK.

Sponsored Links
If I make a proposal to knock down Big Ben and put up something else, and if I campaign for support for my proposal, and tell people it will bring great benefits, whose job is it to say what the "something else" that I am proposing should be like?

upload_2016-8-3_21-57-57.png

But we won and you lost... Where is the failure?

I take it from your lack of response that you can't prove that the bus was real, shall we assume that it is a photo shop then?
Try this, then:

NHS 350m 001.jpg

Maybe not on the bus, but as seen on ITV.......... Dr Liam Fox and old mop top himself. Just thought I'd point out what was actually said. BTW the same image, more or less, appeared in some of the European papers

Edit: found that bus:
NHS 350m 002.jpg

NHS 350m 003.jpg

Is it me or are they Photoshopped as well (or maybe not after all?) - and the next 100 or so images that there are on the net......

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...edge-disowns-350-million-pounds-a7099906.html

"Nigel Farage has disowned a pledge to spend £350 million of European Union cash on the NHS after Brexit.

The Ukip leader was asked on ITV’s Good Morning Britain programme whether he would guarantee that the money pledged for the health service during the campaign would now be spent on it.

Speaking on the morning of the referendum result he however said he had never made any such pledge."

"However footage from BBC Question Time on 9 June – just weeks before the referendum – shows the Ukip leader claiming the available cash was higher than £350 million and saying money should be spent on hospitals and GPs.

“Can we just get to the truth of this - £350 million a week is wrong, it’s higher than that,” he told the programme’s audience."

"The Leave campaign was repeatedly rebuked by the UK Statistics Authority for claiming the UK paid the EU £350 million a week.

The figure does not take into account Britain’s rebate or money paid to the UK from the EU budget under grants for policy areas like agriculture and regional development.

Despite the criticism, the Leave campaign has emblazoned the figure on the side of a bus and continues to use it in campaign literature and in interviews.

A poll by Ipsos MORI published on 16 June found that nearly half the British public believed the claim.

Just 39 per cent realise the figure, which has formed the centrepiece of the Leave campaign, is false, while 14 per cent do not know. Some 47 per cent said it was true."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...edge-disowns-350-million-pounds-a7099906.html

It was over 6 weeks ago. Does it really matter any more what was written on a bus?!
It's done, it's over, gotta move forward and that we do ourselves proud and get Britain out of this mess! And do it well.

It was over 6 weeks ago. Does it really matter any more what was written on a bus?!
It's done, it's over, gotta move forward and that we do ourselves proud and get Britain out of this mess! And do it well.
It's all JD has left in his life... Don't take his bus away.

Even though Farage was never part of Vote leave JD seems to be trying to blame him for what Vote leave may or may not have said.. But Farage didn't say it or have it on his bus... I have no doubt that when Boris becomes PM, he'll sort out the NHS with the cash.

But we won and you lost... Where is the failure?

I take it from your lack of response that you can't prove that the bus was real, shall we assume that it is a photo shop then?
Try this, then:

View attachment 102968

Maybe not on the bus, but as seen on ITV.......... Dr Liam Fox and old mop top himself. Just thought I'd point out what was actually said. BTW the same image, more or less, appeared in some of the European papers

Edit: found that bus:
View attachment 102969

View attachment 102970
Is it me or are they Photoshopped as well (or maybe not after all?) - and the next 100 or so images that there are on the net......
You'll have to produce the bus to prove if it is photo shopped or not... I'm afraid that I never saw that particular bus so can neither prove nor disprove hat was on the side.. Sadly a digital image can no longer be taken as evidence

Sponsored Links
Back