What are some of the most bullet proof cars to buy in terms of reliability these days

T

teaboyjim

Does anybody remember the famous engine that was known for going around the clock up to 300,000 it was a Peugeot 409 (Not sure of the name of the engine)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
composite-trumps-new-car.jpg

I did a double take when I saw the 20cm thick bullet proof armour

Honda Accord - 2006, 260K miles; only had regular servicing, + 2 sets of brake pads, 1 set of brake disks!
Expect to have it for another 250K miles.

Mate had one for 350K miles until some t*** decided it was time to write it off (they sideswiped it - insurance company wouldn't pay for repairs).

Sponsored Links
Honda Accord - 2006, 260K miles; only had regular servicing, + 2 sets of brake pads, 1 set of brake disks! Expect to have it for another 250K miles. Mate had one for 350K miles until some t*** decided it was time to write it off (they sideswiped it - insurance company wouldn't pay for repairs).
Definitely one for the list!

Beloved of taxi drivers all over the world, the Merc 190 600 series diesel is a good old clunker.
The Peugeot XUD in its many guises was very much ahead of it's time.
John :)

In pursuit of fuel efficiency and low emissions reliability has nose dived. And by the time they have learned to overcome all these problems we will have moved to electric. Gone are the days of super reliable diesel motors

My previous van, a 1.9 non turbo Berlingo (1998?) now owned by a local garage is still going strong with 250K on the clock. Before super high pressure common rails, DPFs and ad-blue, diesels could run for about ever. I can remember 14 litre Scanias that had been round the clock twice (2 million kms)

Beloved of taxi drivers all over the world, the Merc 190 600 series diesel is a good old clunker.
The Peugeot XUD in its many guises was very much ahead of it's time. John :)
That's the one I was thinking of when I said the "Merc 110"

Certainly overseas, particularly.....we had a ride in one in Madeira last New Year - whirring water pump and clunking suspension. Lovely! After being to the moon and back a few times, the interior really wasn't too bad at all. Slow as hell though.

In pursuit of fuel efficiency and low emissions reliability has nose dived.
That's what I've been told by the local garage helping me with the Focus disaster

Certainly overseas, particularly.....we had a ride in one in Madeira last New Year - whirring water pump and clunking suspension. Lovely! After being to the moon and back a few times, the interior really wasn't too bad at all. Slow as hell though.

Was it poorly resprayed in yellow?

Vauxhall Cavaliers would keep going despite being punished / uncared for.

Sponsored Links
Back