Thinking About A New Car

Thanks for the (2) replies guys, but no need to post any further (n)
CVT gearbox & hard suspension ... no contest as far as I'm concerned.

Sponsored Links
According to the guidelines the manufacturer issues on looking after the batteries this statement is untrue.

However it's a good point as to why they don't do that...

Maybe it's so they can boast about how many miles they can do... As long as it does it once that's all they need

I found a copy of the Nissan Leaf 8 year battery warranty online, and there's nothing in it about having to keep the battery between 80 and 20%. Clearly, it's good advice, and if you don't need the range that day, well worth doing to maximise battery life on any Li-ion EV. However, I think it's perhaps a bit like ICE vehicle manufacturers warning you not to run out of fuel. Doesn't do them any good, but they still have to honour the warranty. I've seen something in the Leaf FAQs section, I vaguely remember, about saying not to fast charge to over 80%. Again though, I think the battery management software ought to just stop that happening automatically.

I found a copy of the Nissan Leaf 8 year battery warranty online, and there's nothing in it about having to keep the battery between 80 and 20%. Clearly, it's good advice, and if you don't need the range that day, well worth doing to maximise battery life on any Li-ion EV. However, I think it's perhaps a bit like ICE vehicle manufacturers warning you not to run out of fuel. Doesn't do them any good, but they still have to honour the warranty. I've seen something in the Leaf FAQs section, I vaguely remember, about saying not to fast charge to over 80%. Again though, I think the battery management software ought to just stop that happening automatically.
It does, the charge rate drops as you get closer to being full. They also capped the amount of fast charging you could do in a set period of time. It was called Rapidgate.

EV manufacturers mostly protect you from yourself but not entirely as doing so would make their EVs look worse than conpetitiors models.

Sponsored Links
Back