What are some of the most bullet proof cars to buy in terms of reliability these days

The ones I have at present are in 2008 C5s but I know they made them until the end of the run which was about 2017, I think they are still the same. There must be millions of them about as they were used by Ford in the Mondeo - although for some reason the don't seem to be as reliable in them, other manufacturers use them as well.

The first Hdi was the 8 valve , used in many cars but I had them in Peugeot 406s for ten years without a problem, these are a 16 valve twin cam version but they just don't seem to go wrong and very good on fuel too - at least the manual versions.

Peter
sisters got a ds3 diesel . I love it.

Sponsored Links
Originally American apparently which Is probably why mine didn't last long :LOL: Is Canada where they are made now?

Sponsored Links
Originally American apparently which Is probably why mine didn't last long :LOL: Is Canada where they are made now?

Absolutely no idea, but I remember adverts on the TV showing people standing on the toy trucks in order to demonstate how strong they were.

Toyota Aurus and Prius hybrids are loved by the local taxi drivers here. Very understressed and efficient 2.0 l petrol and bulletproof gearbox. Designed for constant stop/start. I think I've seen Toyota advertising some taxi drivers who've had 500,000km in theirs.

Toyota Aurus and Prius hybrids are loved by the local taxi drivers here. Very understressed and efficient 2.0 l petrol and bulletproof gearbox. Designed for constant stop/start. I think I've seen Toyota advertising some taxi drivers who've had 500,000km in theirs.
I hate all hybrid drivers, especially the prius *******.
They block all lanes on major roads and go at 20mph to save on fuel, the cheapskate.
If you want to go 20mph in a 40 or 50 road, go on the first lane and stay there.
Besides, that is also dangerous because lorries will overtake this almost stationary plastic box on wheels.
My dream job to come out of retirement would be "THE PRIUS EXTERMINATOR".

Anyhow, there was a Vauxhall Vectra with a Fiat engine lurking around on this forum.
Accordingly to the owner it was bullet proof...

Vauxhall's are apparently now made by PSA, should be good if they use their diesels.

Peter

Where's he gone? I wonder if those brakes he fixed finally let him down.

I hate all hybrid drivers, especially the prius *******.
They block all lanes on major roads and go at 20mph to save on fuel, the cheapskate.
If you want to go 20mph in a 40 or 50 road, go on the first lane and stay there.
Besides, that is also dangerous because lorries will overtake this almost stationary plastic box on wheels.
My dream job to come out of retirement would be "THE PRIUS EXTERMINATOR".

I call it the Toyota Pious.

Sponsored Links
Back