What can you do?

Sponsored Links
Remember this film?
Life becomes so much more correct when you have a pump action shotgun ;) .

Years and years ago when I was about 9 years old, I was in the viewing gallery of our local swimming pool with some mates waiting for another one of our mates to get out. There were two hard-looking (to us) older teenage boys up there with two teenage girls. To impress the girls, the boys were making a noise by head-butting the wooden panel that separated the galleries. The two lifeguards came up to the gallery and took it in turn to smash both the teenagers heads into the panel. The teenagers started crying and the girls walked off. They smashed each head about a dozen times and then told them to **** off. They didn't need telling twice. I was impressed. I doubt that the lifeguards were even disciplined by their manager. We need more of this type of on the spot correction for anti-social behaviour. :cool:
Years and years ago, when you were about 9 years old, the "lifeguards" were old people who could hardly run, never mind deal out violence to the local bully boys.
As a 9 year old we used to play up until we got thrown out, but the 'supervisor' who was an old fellow dressed in a worn out suit, was invariably called by the old lady who collected tickets, there was no "lifeguard". I doubt if the "attendants" could even swim a width.

And if 1 of those thrown off the bus had claimed for injury or assault?

Like it or not the driver broke his employnent rules

Dont blame the snowflakes blame the system

Its their partly to prevent taking the law into your own hands

So you agree the law part isnt working ?

The correct system would have been the driver stopping and calling for assistance.

But if you prefer vigilantes, then you are part of the problem

Shame we dont have more police really

It is not 'snowflake' to obey the laws of the country, and employment laws.
Ok, I'm waiting for a break in the rain, so I will waste my time answering to you two snowflakes.
You know f#ck all about law.
Fact!
If you ever bothered to speak to people or open a law book, you would know that what the driver did, not only was perfectly legal, but it was his duty.
There are bylaws in public transport as well as laws to be obeyed.
In the case I illustrated there are several breaches of bylaw and law from the 2 little shyts.
There are also powers that every employee, or indeed "any person" (to use a legal term), have.
One of these powers is removal from the premises or people carrying vehicles (buses).
The only point a snowflake like you could argue is that excessive force was used in ejecting the 2 shyts.
Now, in law, reasonable force can be used.
Reasonable force is what a reasonable person would find balanced and appropriate in the situation.
As you mentioned it, ask all other passengers if the driver had used excessive force and 99% of them (the majority on this planet) will say no, force was reasonable and proportionate to the situation.
Snowflakes!

Sponsored Links
Ok, I'm waiting for a break in the rain, so I will waste my time answering to you two snowflakes.
You know f#ck all about law.
Fact!
If you ever bothered to speak to people or open a law book, you would know that what the driver did, not only was perfectly legal, but it was his duty.
There are bylaws in public transport as well as laws to be obeyed.
In the case I illustrated there are several breaches of bylaw and law from the 2 little shyts.
There are also powers that every employee, or indeed "any person" (to use a legal term), have.
One of these powers is removal from the premises or people carrying vehicles (buses).
The only point a snowflake like you could argue is that excessive force was used in ejecting the 2 shyts.
Now, in law, reasonable force can be used.
Reasonable force is what a reasonable person would find balanced and appropriate in the situation.
As you mentioned it, ask all other passengers if the driver had used excessive force and 99% of them (the majority on this planet) will say no, force was reasonable and proportionate to the situation.
Snowflakes!
Great theory.

Are you really saying an employer would encourage an employee to put himself at risk ?

They won't, regardless of what facts you know. It will always be the opposite. And in the case given, the driver didn't stop or call for assistance.

But don't you worry about snowflakes. The alternative is vigilantes. Our system has lots of faults but it is preferable to that alternative.

Here's lookin' at you kid...

Death-wish-piece-header.jpg

And when he didn't get off, the bus driver got out of his cab, opened the doors and shoved the young lad off the bus, then proceeded to drive away to applause from the passengers.
I've seen that happen a few times, but like you not for many years.

One of the most vivid memories of my childhood was being on a bus somewhere in Scotland. Some trouble broke out and the driver simply drove the bus, quickly, to the police station. Several police got on and carted the rowdies off. Most enjoyable.

The law used to be enforced back then.

Making my way home this afternoon, on a half full double decker bus sitting downstairs by the driver, an elderly woman came down the stairs to complain to the driver about loud comments and very bad language being used by some lads upstairs. Foreign (Pole, Ukrainian at a guess) and with not good English, fobbed her off with some comment, so I offered to go up with her and try to deal with it - I had already heard some of the rumpus.

Up I went and it was four young lads occupying the rear seat at the very back, causing the problems, about 12 /13. Lots of other adults up there also complaining. I warned them that unless they behaved, they were liable to be turned off the bus, so best if they behaved themselves and stop being stupid. Which made absolutely no difference at all. Their reply, no problem, we will just get on the next bus. At this several of the passengers were calling for the driver to stop the bus and call the police, at which he just shrugged and pointed to his watch.

What would you have done? Unfair that paying passengers should be subjected to this, but what can you do about it?

Last week it was a couple of young girls doing similar, silly music blasting out.

I would advise that you don’t get directly involved ( sad I agree )

But there you go

Worked with a sparky not so long ago who had a house in the sticks he has been burgled 3 times

He came home ounce when a break in was taking place !!!! What should he have done ? He asked me what would I have done ?

Great theory.

Are you really saying an employer would encourage an employee to put himself at risk ?

They won't, regardless of what facts you know. It will always be the opposite. And in the case given, the driver didn't stop or call for assistance.

But don't you worry about snowflakes. The alternative is vigilantes. Our system has lots of faults but it is preferable to that alternative.
I never said employers would encourage an employee to put themselves at risk.
I've been involved in unions all my life and know that regardless of the law, 99% of employers would punish (or try to) anyone not acting as a snowflake.
Safety of the employees is primarily the responsibility of the employees themselves.
If an employee feels the need to eject some monkeys from the bus for everyone's benefit, they're legally entitled to do so.
The employer upon receiving a complaint from some snowflake Karen, will inevitably disregard the law and try to punish the employee.
This doesn't mean that the employee has done anything wrong.
Every day employees are punished by employers for doing nothing wrong, just read the employment tribunal bulletins and see for yourself.
So, stop mentioning legislations that don't exist, sit at the back of the bus while some monkeys beat up an old lady and preserve yourself.
Selfish snowflake.

I never said employers would encourage an employee to put themselves at risk.
I've been involved in unions all my life and know that regardless of the law, 99% of employers would punish (or try to) anyone not acting as a snowflake.
Safety of the employees is primarily the responsibility of the employees themselves.
If an employee feels the need to eject some monkeys from the bus for everyone's benefit, they're legally entitled to do so.
The employer upon receiving a complaint from some snowflake Karen, will inevitably disregard the law and try to punish the employee.
This doesn't mean that the employee has done anything wrong.
Every day employees are punished by employers for doing nothing wrong, just read the employment tribunal bulletins and see for yourself.
So, stop mentioning legislations that don't exist, sit at the back of the bus while some monkeys beat up an old lady and preserve yourself.
Selfish snowflake.
Feel free to feel important.

But you have contradicted yourself.

Sponsored Links
Back