what do you reckon my chances are part II

Sponsored Links
masona said:
Eddie M said:
I'd put it in the garage if it would fit, but its 2 inches too tall :( Suppose I could raise the clearance height, or.... as I'm having the drive done, perhaps it would be easier to lower the drive by 2 inches !
Can you not fit a smaller wheels or lower profile tyre ? :D

Hmm, possibly I think It might be cheaper to take out the existing soldier bricks, replace with thinner rsj, new ...... what I am saying, no it won't !!

Eddie M said:
masona said:
Eddie M said:
I'd put it in the garage if it would fit, but its 2 inches too tall :( Suppose I could raise the clearance height, or.... as I'm having the drive done, perhaps it would be easier to lower the drive by 2 inches !
Can you not fit a smaller wheels or lower profile tyre ? :D

Hmm, possibly I think It might be cheaper to take out the existing soldier bricks, replace with thinner rsj, new ...... what I am saying, no it won't !!
or let some air out the tyres :)

When they carry monster trucks around on trailers they have to remove the massive wheels and put little bitty ones on (to reduce the overall width). So perhaps you could do this when you want to put the Land Yacht in the garage. Does it have the same stud pattern as a Toyota Yaris? Nice set of 13s on your heffalump, great.

Of course if you had bought a Range Rover you could just hit the "lower suspension" button... :D

What about barndoor style garage doors instead of an up-and-over? You can get electric openers for them if that is a concern.

Sponsored Links
I like some of the suggestions, faintly ridiculous or not. There's an insurmountable snag though, I'd have to clean my garage up!! Food for thought though.

Funny thing is it's one of those "double" garages. For a laugh, before the L'cruiser I decided to test this double theory out. Cleaned garage out thoroughly by means of a skip. Put first car in snugly but with just enough room to get out. Put second car in (a Vectra at the time), well let's just say either they need to make sunroofs bigger or supply tin openers. Double ! My ar*e :(

Rip off Britain at its glorious best !! My single is 'longer than standard' must keep a wheel barrow (twin exhaust Skoda ?) in the standard then.
Mate in Oz has large garage, room to open doors, rear hatches ... three cars !! plus a wall length workbench ! ;)

P

pipme said:
Rip off Britain at its glorious best !! My single is 'longer than standard' must keep a wheel barrow (twin exhaust Skoda ?) in the standard then.
Mate in Oz has large garage, room to open doors, rear hatches ... three cars !! plus a wall length workbench ! ;)

P
And he has a water feature in his back garden......he calls it Wallaman Falls ;)

Eddie M said:
kendor said:
Eddie, do you mind me asking how much they charge for the monitoring?

Offhand, don't know, I'll find out though.

Last time, was £19.50 + vat per month this included the annual service of approx £80. Don't know what the up to date cost is.I reckon this works out at around £150 per year for monitoring, which is about £0.40 per day.

Hmm that's quite a lot each month, I was interested as for some time I've been considering setting up my own monitored alarm system company.

kendor said:
Hmm that's quite a lot each month, I was interested as for some time I've been considering setting up my own monitored alarm system company.

Well, if you can do it cheaper, I'll sign up. :)

Sponsored Links
Back