What good is going to come out of this.

Sponsored Links
I believe what with all the pain and sacrifice we will all go through, there will be an adjustment and a revaluation of how we live our life's. For the good.

People working from home... Less Traverling more money in their pockets. Less traffic on the roads cleaner environment.

And much much more.....

Likely things will change for a long time. High Street was already in crises, now people will realise they don't need new clothes every month, or to spend half their disposable income on eating out.

Some people will have more money, many others far less.

Sponsored Links
Who goes out on a push bike when it's raining? It varies around the country but the average is 150 odd rainy days a year.

Is your bike suitable for rainy days / commuting ?

I'm curious as have used a bike daily. Long time ago - school for around 6 years, usually 4 trips daily as I ate at home.

Going to miss the quiter roads as lockdown eases. When the lockdown was at a height it was a pleasure to cycle on the quiet roads. Haven't been like that around here since the 70s.

Also when I was driving, there was a distinct lack of a. holes in BMWs/Audis on my bumper trying to make me go faster. (Being an awkward b. trying to make me drive faster has the opposite effect :cool: )
I think there is good and reasonable reasons in such circumstances to drive slower - at anytime you feel endangered when driving, reducing your speed will mean the outcome of any accident will be less painful. If you are going along at 50 to 60 and some loon is a few feet off your rear bumber jockeying to be past then that is very dangerous, slowing to say 40 will greatly reduce the seriousness of any accident. If a tailgating driver clips the rear of your car at speed on a bend it could very easily cause you to loose control- all crashes are better done at lower speeds.

Going to miss the quiter roads as lockdown eases. When the lockdown was at a height it was a pleasure to cycle on the quiet roads. Haven't been like that around here since the 70s.

Also when I was driving, there was a distinct lack of a. holes in BMWs/Audis on my bumper trying to make me go faster. (Being an awkward b. trying to make me drive faster has the opposite effect :cool: )

Just one of the reasons why, when things are all sorted, and the kids are older, I'd love to move to the dordogne.....

Just one of the reasons why, when things are all sorted, and the kids are older, I'd love to move to the dordogne.....
Thanks to Brexit, that may not be too easy.

Nigel Lawson was turned down.

Right with you there Bro....Any closer than a car length and my brakes go on and hand gestering starts!!!..That does not work I pull over which seems to REALLY pizz them off....

Maybe some people realise there's more to life than having the latest German car on the drive, flashiest kitchen, biggest widescreen tv, etc, etc - all usually done to impress other people and paid for on finance. Sad really. Have nice things, but do it for yourself within proportion. Experiences, family and pets are the things that give you real satisfaction and happiness. Not possessions.

I kind of been doing that.

Usually every year I buy loads of plants for the garden -this years Ive been finding plants that have seeded themselves, moved some plants that have been overshadowed and sown a load of seeds. Ive managed to fill nearly all the pots and borders without buying a single new plant.

Usually every year I buy loads of plants for the garden -this years Ive been finding plants that have seeded themselves, moved some plants that have been overshadowed and sown a load of seeds. Ive managed to fill nearly all the pots and borders without buying a single new plant.

I don't know where you find the time.;)

Sponsored Links
Back