What happened to the English chaps ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I went to a city central development which I haven't been to for maybe two to three years.

I used to make arrangements with the concierges for access, I was familiar with three of four of them that worked there that I used to chat to.

Last week I was suprised to see a seasons greeting poster designed by the management...... all the concierges were shown with a little picture of them and their names. Not one English person appeared, if the photo or name was anything to go by. There did not appear to be one member of staff that appeared to be of Anglo saxon or European decent and non of the chaps I knew.

It stood out like a sore thumb..........If it's anything in a similar way that I've heard from various people that certain people will work for lower wages so english people are made redundant, don't be decieved in to thinking this is a good thing.
Employers offering lower wages are relying on the benefits system to top up their meagre offerings to their low paid staff in the form of tax credits and housing benefit are profiting to the detriment of thd country.

Sponsored Links
Having had the misfortune of working in Croydon, I found that certain types do not mind living in overcrowded (20 + in 3 bed terrace) and filthy (rats,cockroaches,bed bugs- which the tenants dont care about) accomodation, just so they can pay the rent on their sub minimum wages.Thats why there are very few indigenous people working there, just try Curry's/PC world on Purley Way.

It stood out like a sore thumb..........If it's anything in a similar way that I've heard from various people that certain people will work for lower wages so english people are made redundant,

There is minimum wage.

I suspect that "the English"* have become accustomed to living off generous benefits instead of bothering to work.

I hope the roll out of Universal Credit focuses claimants minds. We are starting to hear the sob stories of benefits being cut, so let's hope that the recipients do something about their work situation instead of moaning that the free money has been taken away.

A job is a job. There should be no situation that makes people choose claiming benefits instead.

And none of this "foreigners taking English jobs" nonsense. The natives don't want them in most cases.

*includes other parts of the UK.

There is minimum wage.

I suspect that "the English"* have become accustomed to living off generous benefits instead of bothering to work.

I hope the roll out of Universal Credit focuses claimants minds. We are starting to hear the sob stories of benefits being cut, so let's hope that the recipients do something about their work situation instead of moaning that the free money has been taken away.

A job is a job. There should be no situation that makes people choose claiming benefits instead.

And none of this "foreigners taking English jobs" nonsense. The natives don't want them in most cases.

And none of this "foreigners taking English jobs" nonsense. The natives don't want them in most cases. You need to wake up !!!! I've just given you an example !!!
English workers replaced with foreigners prime example.

Sponsored Links
There is minimum wage.

Dear oh dear a suspicion ! ! No doubt there's some that prefer that.
But when given a actual example of replacement of English workers with " foreign " workers you can't accept it !
Even Gordon Brown acknowledged it was a problem !!!!!!!

An ignored member has posted on this I wonder........ knowsnowt or little John .......no I don't really wonder couldn't care less.

Dear oh dear a suspicion ! ! No doubt there's some that prefer that.
But when given a actual example of replacement of English workers with " foreign " workers you can't accept it !
Even Gordon Brown acknowledged it was a problem !!!!!!!

I can accept it. It is happening.

But you need to understand the underlying attitude of the natives who could do those jobs but chose not to.

They don't want to, not because they have other jobs to go to, but because they choose benefits.

Also, an employer wants someone who will turn up and work and have a positive attitude to work. They don't want some unreliable, can't be bothered layabout with a sense of entitlement.

The thing is, why are the jobs vacant in the first place and not filled by the natives? There is minimum wage. "Arrh", you say " who can afford to live on minimum wage?". "Well" I say, "If your lifestyle demands more money, then improve yourself and get a better job. Or change your lifestyle. Stop buying your brands and tech. And stop knocking out kids you can't actually afford to keep." And stop blaming "foreigners" for self inflicted problems.

And none of this "foreigners taking English jobs" nonsense. The natives don't want them in most cases.[/SIZE]

Of course the natives don't want them. With a seemingly unlimited amount of cheap labour, pay and conditions in many industries have lowered so as to make the wages on offer not worth having. This allows employers to take the Michael with minimum wage, zero hours contracts, etc. These will only appeal to migrants living 5 to a room. Who else would waste their time in such jobs?

Sponsored Links
Back