What Have Fourteen Years of Conservative Rule Done to Britain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My feelings. The country is extremely unhappy. Economic growth has been slow. We are more unequal in terms of wealth. There is much less chance of getting on the property ladder. The health service is melting down. Councils have had funding slashed, so local services are falling apart. How to fix it is a different matter!

Much higher public spending is required

To fix the skills shortage I would allow key professionals that we need free tuition, as long as they work in the UK, in their discipline for 20 years

Sponsored Links
I would have said tax people more but we have a significant problem with people simply not able or wanting to work.

Strong leadership? , Borris, Truss, Ree Smogg, 30p Lee, Cruella, Pretty, all strong leaders, have shafted the country.

I agree the country is in a poor state and ultimately it can only be a weak Tory government to blame, are the words I used.

Sponsored Links
I think we need to pay more tax. As said there is the problem of people not wanting to work especially the 750,000, and counting, who rishi has let in who get huge benefits but do nothing. Of course that isn't going to change unless a party will come forward with the resolve to sort those problems out and I cannot see any of the present incumbents doing anything except lining their own pockets.

14 years of Tories - continually 'promising' to reduce immigration while flooding the country with ever growing numbers of third worlders.

Remember Camoron's promise to reduce immigration "to the tens of thousands" as part of his election ticket - before 2010 election. Yet 14 years later the numbers have grown massively.

How many more years/decades do they need?? Do people still believe a word these feckers say??? :evil:

Last edited:
If we could set aside the political cycle, what would that long term project be?

Educate, and upskill: the country will continue to lag behind, if [pouring boiling water on some coffee beans] is relied upon as a significant proportion of our "productivity".

Infrastructure: decent roads and rail network. Publicly owned, if necessary. Joined-up public transport strategy between centres of population.
Not more bodged patching up.
I've previously posted about my "100 yr cycle network", to facilitate local commuting for those who would, but for the cr@p state of the existing roads.
Water and power: public ownership. The nation shouldn't be milked for profits, for essentials. Under public ownership, "profits" will be used to maintain and improve the infrastructure.
Hospitals, schools, etc. Build decent, and maintain. No more throwing cr@p up, then neglecting or patching.
Health: NHS, free at point of delivery. Dentistry too. Poor health might not shorten your life, but it makes the latter part of it miserable and, selfishly for the country, unproductive and expensive.

Yes, this will all cost.
But before the usual kn0bheads bleat on about how much tax they already pay / how much someone else will be prepared to pay, let me finish with this:

We're already paying the highest tax burden in years, yet the country is falling to bits. Our money is just going to shoitehawks.
This is going to cost so much not just because it is expensive, but because decades of governments haven't kept on top of the situation in the first place.
It's took decades to fudge it up: it'll take decades to make it better.
Which doesn't mean "it's too much, so we'll not bother at all!"

As I've posted before, like claiming you've saved money by not paying your mortgage, and calling the paying of the arrears as financially-prudent overpaying".

Don't let the unlikelihood of achieving perfection get in the way of the quest to get better.

The country is in a bad way. However, it is highly unlikely to have been any better had the other main parties been in charge. The main parties are virtually identical.

You're getting mass immigration and all the problems that come with that, net zero, an unwieldy welfare state, rising taxes, rising debt, mindless screeching wokery, national and cultural self harm, a generally poor state-owned monopoly for a health service, and crumbling infrastructure - with labour, lib dum, or tory. Greens are just even more left wing and bonkers, as are the SNP and Plaid Cymru.

The EU isn't going to save us because most of those countries are suffering with the same problems, and we have to pay for the privilege through membership fees and a massive balance of trade deficit. And the West generally seems to be in very bad shape. It has lots its confidence.

The only thing that will save us is some very bitter medicine, which none of the political options making up the regime are offering. I'd like us to be more like Japan - a country that respects its customs and traditions, knows what it is, doesn't have endless arguments over nonsense, and where there is a sense of unity. Everything works in that country and they deal with massive earth quakes and tsunamis more efficiently than we deal with leaves on train tracks or 2mm of snow.

Higher spending now is mainly due to the change in the demographics

If you think the UK has problems look towards China - over the next 10 years they will gain 300 million more pensioners

The country is in a bad way. However, it is highly unlikely to have been any better had the other main parties been in charge. The main parties are virtually identical.

You're getting mass immigration and all the problems that come with that, net zero, an unwieldy welfare state, rising taxes, rising debt, mindless screeching wokery, national and cultural self harm, a generally poor state-owned monopoly for a health service, and crumbling infrastructure - with labour, lib dum, or tory. Greens are just even more left wing and bonkers, as are the SNP and Plaid Cymru.

The EU isn't going to save us because most of those countries are suffering with the same problems, and we have to pay for the privilege through membership fees and a massive balance of trade deficit. And the West generally seems to be in very bad shape. It has lots its confidence.

The only thing that will save us is some very bitter medicine, which none of the political options making up the regime are offering. I'd like us to be more like Japan - a country that respects its customs and traditions, knows what it is, doesn't have endless arguments over nonsense, and where there is a sense of unity. Everything works in that country and they deal with massive earth quakes and tsunamis more efficiently than we deal with leaves on train tracks or 2mm of snow.

Japan is a very unhappy country, so I don't think that is the answer.

Mass immigration isn't the main problem. It's mainly students (high fees propping up our universities) and workers on time limited visas (filling skills shortages).

Our real structural problems are an ageing population and long term slow economic growth.

Our real structural problems are an ageing population and long term slow economic growth.

Yup. Like many other developed countries who’ve off shored manufacturing or are simply being undercut by other countries around the world

Japan is a very unhappy country, so I don't think that is the answer.

Mass immigration isn't the main problem. It's mainly students (high fees propping up our universities) and workers on time limited visas (filling skills shortages).

What do you mean, Japan is a very unhappy country? Can you explain what that actually means? Also, more so than this country where we have rampaging foreign thugs causing disorder in London on a weekly basis, harassing school teachers outside the gates, and blowing themselves up when they don't get what they want? Rising crime - that is already many times higher than in Japan. When there are endless annoying arguments every week that involve accusations of racism and so on, too many white faces, and most of the population are maligned as right wing extremists and feel like outsiders in their own country? Definitely a recipe for happiness!

I didn't say immigration is the main problem either, but having 750,000+ (net) coming in per annum, in addition to all the illegals, is obviously going to put a great strain on our public services and infrastructure, especially when so many of them are low wage and low skill and are not making a net contribution to the exchequer. They also drive down the per capita GDP - not their fault, but the fault of the people who ought to be managing borders and thinking through what the consequences are rather than grifting for crap companies like Deliveroo.

Ageing population is a problem but we have an anti natalist agenda going on, linked to batshit environmentalism, that discourages people - especially working, intelligent and law abiding natives - from having children. It is also increasingly unaffordable for people in the broad middle to have children, especially more than 1 or 2. This is tragic on many levels but a disaster for a civilization and its native culture.

Tough subjects and questions. Not being properly or honestly discussed by anybody for fear of being cancelled and ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back