What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Definitely looks like it was a toilet with those features. Obviously the pan and sink look to have been removed before starting work.
I could never have a toilet that looked out onto the street. People could see your outline, especially at night when you put the light on. Even having blinds up would unsettle me.

Looks like the cupboard under the stairs me mum used to lock me in.

So are you REALLY Harry Potter? :cool:

I have vertigo attacks (BPPV), and that disorientated feeling is awful
I have had that once...horrendous...i could hardly walk for weeks or hold my head up...Like being on a constant roller coaster and you cannot work out up from down....far worse than sea sickness.

Me and the mrs have been pva'ing the stairwell walls in our 1855 terrace ready for the plasterer to work his magic.
Only took a few hours with both of us doing it.
Now I'm going shopping, then when I get back Im taking the stair carpet up and pva'in the bottom of the walls.

Oh how I prefer a day at work, the weekends are not a rest any more lol

Sponsored Links
I have had that once...horrendous...i could hardly walk for weeks or hold my head up...Like being on a constant roller coaster and you cannot work out up from down....far worse than sea sickness.

Yeah. I usually have it light - I'll just be walking into door frames or staggering when I get up, or just feeling 'off' - but every now and again, I have an attack so bad I can't even move my head without everything spinning and wanting to puke.

It's caused by crystals forming in ear canal which send the wrong messages to your brain about where you are. The Epley manoeuvre that I mentioned is designed to empty the crystals out. Like one of those maze puzzles where you tilt it in the right combination of directions to get the ball to drop through the hole.

The Epley takes five minutes, yet most GPs either don't or won't do it - they usually prescribe anti-nausea meds or refer for physio. People can have it for months before it goes, unable to do anything. When they can be fixed or given relief in five minutes. It's the kind of thing that totally infuriates me.

Last edited:
Just a dog walk this morning with some friends and their dogs. Had a quick diversion to the allotment on our way home to pick a few lettuces from our plot - getting low now, only 20 or so left so new seeds planted. Off out in a minute to take my mums dog back to her along with a roast dinner that I cooked and froze last week. While there, I’ve also got the joy of fitting a new bog seat for her. :confused:

5AC0E193-4DFA-474B-B4A8-D23D152C21D7.jpeg

Just a dog walk this morning with some friends and their dogs. Had a quick diversion to the allotment on our way home to pick a few lettuces from our plot - getting low now, only 20 or so left so new seeds planted. Off out in a minute to take my mums dog back to her along with a roast dinner that I cooked and froze last week. While there, I’ve also got the joy of fitting a new bog seat for her. :confused:

View attachment 197399

Do you think she will notice the dog seems a bit stiff? ;)

Emptied one of my tool boxes , cleaned out the years of accumulated crap, sawdust , spider webs etc that gather when you leave the lid open.....

Chucked away all of the stuff that I chucked into it "in case it came in handy", then put the tools I wanted to keep, back in.
Still hasn't inspired me to get on with any proper jobs though :mrgreen:

Oh, and did another adaptation of the washing line......

Emptied one of my tool boxes , cleaned out the years of accumulated crap, sawdust , spider webs etc that gather when you leave the lid open.....

Chucked away all of the stuff that I chucked into it "in case it came in handy", then put the tools I wanted to keep, back in.

If you figure out what will inspire you, please let me know.

Just the thought of sitting down doing nothing usually inspires me to get up and do SOMETHING!

if your tool box has spiders webs in it .....

anyways, I have had a day of total rest - and for reasons I can't fathom I' now more exhausted than usual.

Painted the walls and used self-levelling concrete today in our little porch, ready for new floor tiles. Always wanted to have a go at that stuff :) Going to look very smart when all finished.

And just back from taking the cat back to where she got lost and frightened last week. Sounds daft but I wanted to show her how she got there and how to get home in a calm manner in case it happens again. Think it worked as she kept looking around and seemed quite content when we spotted home on our way back. Luckily I showed her some of the area behind our house when she was a kitten so she's used to walking with me and comes when called :)

Sponsored Links
Back