What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Yep, thought as much. No bloke would get that sort of freedom if there was a wife/partner/girlfriend at home. :)

Bloke in the CC did some work for a bloke who consequently snuffed it owing him 4 grand

Blokes wife coukd not pay it u till the will was sorted so. It could have been a while

She offered him. A motor bike as payment he consulted his wife

She said no we wait for the will. To. Get sorted we don't want some motor bike around here

Bloke put up a pic of the bike he took at the time

It was a BSA DBD 34 goldstsr in pristine condition value 25 to. 30 grand :eek:

Comes of listening to the wife :LOL:

Gotta go up to my workshop today so did an early dog walk. Lovely and quiet. Watched a blackbird eating...blackberries, so I had my fill as well - unusually Large, ripe and juicy for July and I must have eaten a couple of dozen of them. Also, came across some mushrooms (I think) and was tempted to take them home for a fry up but I bottled it. :cautious: Gotta go, need a poo! :LOL:

46CF7060-A724-4B14-AC75-19C3869E7F55.jpeg
BE8B7DB1-3FA5-4F32-A9B6-555D9CDE7DAB.jpeg
4A915EAD-DF87-4771-A3CF-EB9666B2BCF5.jpeg

. ...blackberries, so I had my fill as well - unusually Large, ripe and juicy for July
That's exactly what I've just returned from, complete with purple fingers, 1¼ kilo. But I picked 'em for a pie. To use them now or freeze them. There's still some frozen apple in the freezer. So next time it's apple and blackberry pie. The apple and blackcurrant pie was a few weeks ago.
There's plenty left in the hedge for next time. I'd usually stand in the tractor front bucket to reach the high ones, but the tractor top hose is gone, and I'm waiting for the new one to arrive. Then it's picking the sloes from the trailer so they're easy to reach.

Sponsored Links
Just went to have a ciggie in the back garden when we heard the unmistakeable sound of a Merlin engine. Suddenly a Hawker Hurricane appeared over the back garden heading towards Long Melford so I ran through to the front. From there I watched as he performed 2 loop the loops and a Barrel Roll before flying off towards Lavenham!
My own personal flying display on my front doorstep! Wish I had had my camera handy.

Another 5 buckets of rubble and dust removed from the subfloor, joists had first coat of wood treatment

IMG_20200729_175547224.jpg

(Why do builders think it's ok to fill subfloor with rubble when removing a wall?)
IMG_20200729_141213281.jpg

Will be going bilberry picking soon hopefully, I guess some of you southerners don't know what they are... unlucky!!

Will be going bilberry picking soon hopefully, I guess some of you southerners don't know what they are... unlucky!!

YUK! They the ones with the little cog wheel on the end? Only tried them once and never liked them.

YUK! They the ones with the little cog wheel on the end? Only tried them once and never liked them.

Never heard them described in that way, but they look like blueberries, but are a different species, and the nicest of all soft fruits. YUM.

Never heard them described in that way, but they look like blueberries, but are a different species, and the nicest of all soft fruits. YUM.
One of my favorites but never seen them round here. We grow blackcurrants, no problem.
I see bilberries grow in acidic, nutrient poor soils. Our soils always cause the hydrangeas to grow blue. Of all the hydrangeas we have, only one bush is a purple colour. Does that indicate an acidic or alkaline soil?

One of my favorites but never seen them round here. We grow blackcurrants, no problem.
I see bilberries grow in acidic, nutrient poor soils. Our soils always cause the hydrangeas to grow blue. Of all the hydrangeas we have, only one bush is a purple colour. Does that indicate an acidic or alkaline soil?

Hydrangeas act like litmus paper, blue for alkaline conditions, red in acidic conditions, purple, neutral'ish soil.

Bilberries indeed grow in acidic moorlands, but in very rich peat based but well drained soil, they are notoriously unreliable croppers, which is why they aren't commercially available.

good for you too

Last edited by a moderator:
Hydrangeas act like litmus paper, blue for alkaline conditions, red in acidic conditions, purple, neutral'ish soil.
Have we got this the right way round?

The color of a hydrangea flower depends on the chemical makeup of the soil it is planted in. If the soil is high in aluminum and has a low pH, the hydrangea flower will be blue. If the soil has either a high pH or is low on aluminum, the hydrangea flower color will be pink.​

Alkaline is high pH, and acidic is low pH?
The pH scale
Anything below 7.0 is acidic, and anything above 7.0 is alkaline, or basic. pH scale, ranging from 0 (very acidic) to 14 (very basic/alkaline) and listing the pH values of common substances.
https://www.khanacademy.org/science... 7.0 is acidic,pH values of common substances.​
Therefore, we already have an acidic soil, yes?

Sponsored Links
Back