What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Pickling. All done. I must admit I did feel a little bit guilty butchering my lovingly grown cauliflower. Still, hopefully Colin didn’t die in vain and will give us some pleasure in his passing. More than enough to pickle though - I used less than half of him so I blanched the rest and froze it - that’ll make a nice cauliflower cheese. I had some pickling vinegar left over so I peeled a couple of dozen of my garlic cloves and pickled them too. TGFF! Busy, busy, busy. :)

What a beauty. I coulda won a prize for him. :love:

A91A0DB6-2CCF-4005-94C1-2B21FD8E3844.jpeg

All done - I put some carrot in for a touch of colour.

4ADEFD81-2202-4F64-97AE-58543C44C300.jpeg

I've got a plan for my remaining cauli's. Cauliflower steaks! One of Mrs Motties mate’s had one in a poncey restaurant a while ago. It was the same price as a real meat steak!

Last edited:
Anyway, today I am about to start erecting a 13' x 26' marquee tent in the back garden.

FIL's 80th on Saturday and it was my stepsons 21st at the beginning of April, which we couldn't 'family celebrate' because of Covid.
Now FIL is allowed out we are having a double celebration Saturday afternoon/evening. Family only event and as we are in the countryside we are not likely to pop down the road for some more booze.
Only downside is I am working Sunday so have to go easy on the falling down liquor.

Bilberry picking today. disappointing, got about 100g, which is rubbish. Still got to stand on top of ilkley moor, where all my small troubles in life melt away. Heaven.

Bilberry picking today. disappointing, got about 100g, which is rubbish. Still got to stand on top of ilkley moor, where all my small troubles in life melt away. Heaven.
Lucky thing, it's beautiful there. Spent a few afternoons at the Cow and Calf. Miss the Yorkshire countryside, it's rather special.

And you will put the photo's up, when?

, everyone issued with 2 washable face coverings, (not masks but with the insertion of a supplementary filter or other such thing, i.e. disposable/washable mask they give great protection),

What make are those, sound interesting? I'm after something a bit better than the disposable surgical type I use now.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back