What have you been doing today?

Investigating a damp foisty smell in the bathroom (laminate floor on top of 1" floorboards) drew a line 1" in from the pot pedestal outline and cut it out with a jigsaw after lifting the pot away.
Found the original pan connector (one of those horrible flexy things, bent to an S shape to connect with the original salt glaze) had a 3" split at the top, letting water and Richards into the floor void :eek::( In fact there was some rotten timber where the pan outlet went through the floor.
Gave it a good soaking with Jeyes fluid before continuing.
Out with the Ryobi wet vac to remove the nasties and finally replace with 2 45 deg 110mm bends and plastic to salt glaze connector.....couldn't get it to completely line up so I've spaced the cistern out from the wall by 20mm.
Much testing and no leaks!
I may need a shower later.
John :)

Sponsored Links
What are the others having?
letting water and Richards into the floor void
D40B412D-B761-4E06-808E-D3E2F278D89B.gif

Just watching 'You only live twice' on the telly. That Lotus Esprit is having great trouble losing that Mk4/5 Cortina that’s chasing him with four baddies in it round the mountain roads. :rolleyes: Either Cortina's are faster than I remember them or the Esprit is shyte! :LOL:

I’ve been flying my moths.
00B3A96A-596C-49FD-B90A-31E8389EBC85.jpeg

My sister has been selling caterpillar kits during lockdown and has a Facebook group to share pictures and info.

It’s great for kids to see the circle of their lives.

Sponsored Links
Just got back from the allotment. Found this little fella.

11E60D57-D9EC-4AC7-9762-CA6450844680.jpeg

Tried putting it up high but it kept jumping down. Unable to get off the ground on its own and not fully fledged yet. Mr Fox would have had him tonight. Very thin, I can feel the breastbone, may even be dying so brought him home with me. Gave him a couple of chopped up worms and some water using a pipette. He might live, he might die but he is full of fight so may be some hope for him. Always seeing piles of feathers over there so foxes are on the prowl. Fingers crossed.

Just read online that they often leave the nest before they can fly, and spend a week or so scrabbling around hedges etc for food, learning about life and can fly in a week or so later. Fingers crossed that's a good sign and that with you, he/she will have an easy life of it :)

Tried putting it up high but it kept jumping down. Unable to get off the ground on its own and not fully fledged yet. Mr Fox would have had him tonight. Very thin, I can feel the breastbone, may even be dying so brought him home with me. Gave him a couple of chopped up worms and some water using a pipette. He might live, he might die but he is full of fight so may be some hope for him. Always seeing piles of feathers over there so foxes are on the prowl. Fingers crossed.

Nice work, keep us updated Mottie.

Just read online that they often leave the nest before they can fly, and spend a week or so scrabbling around hedges etc for food, learning about life and can fly in a week or so later. Fingers crossed that's a good sign and that with you, he/she will have an easy life of it :)
I agree and I’d normally leave it alone but I have reared quite a few young birds in my time (no jokes) and we used to have racing pigeons. I can tell when a bird is malnourished just by feel. (y)

I agree and I’d normally leave it alone but I have reared quite a few young birds in my time (no jokes) and we used to have racing pigeons. I can tell when a bird is malnourished just by feel. (y)
Oh, am not against what you've done. I hope it survives and as I said, has it easy for a while :)

Its pretty hard to keep a fledgling alive, they often dont last,
I found this one on the pavement when I was driving under West Ham station when I was about 20. Had no feathers, just yellow down. Called him Fonzie as he was well ‘ard! Took him home, kept him in my bedroom, encouraged him to fly. When the time came to set him free, he wouldn’t leave. I used to drive from Stratford where I lived to the White Horse pub in East Ham with him on my shoulder and he'd even come in the pub with me. Had a few 'mistakes' on the back of my shirt. :rolleyes: Everyone liked him and he got loads of strokes and tickles. After we'd been there a while, I’d throw him up in the air outside and off he’d fly. I used to leave my bedroom window open and he’d be be there when I got home. One night he stayed out but returned the next day. He'd found a mate and eventually reverted to wild. :love:
8FF13380-C656-472D-9C06-D310B214628D.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back