What have you been doing today?

Another days good graft, home, showered and settled down in the conservatory, doors open, with a beer and a snooze in the offing I felt something brush my leg, a lot of flapping knocking over my birthday cards was (I think) a young Greenfinch, I captured it and it pooed in my hand, I released it into the wild

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Many of my relatives never have...Lots of houses I work in have no books,no reading material...Especially younger people.Reading is something I have always done and enjoy.

I still prefer a real book as opposed to the kindle, but e-readers have their place.

Haven’t bought a real book for years. Kindle all the way for me. I read every night in bed to get to sleep and a kindle is so much easier to hold. I can read my kindle with the bedroom lights off so as not to disturb the growling bear sleeping next to me. :LOL: Also handy for holidays - slips easily into my flight bag.

I have a kindle but I haven't used it for ages, I prefer the real thing. Plus I quite like to collect signed first editions.

The hassle of lending out a book on kindle is just not worth it. I might as well just give away the kindle, and the hundreds of books on it.

But yes, kindles do have their place, such as travelling.

Didn't someone once say, "a house without books is a house without learning"?

For me the simplicity of the kindle is it's strength, no email, no web browsing (Well not easily anyway) = No distractions.

Didn't someone once say, "a house without books is a house without learning"?
No. But someone did say "A house without books is like a room without windows”. I read that on my kindle. :whistle:

Well, I picked up my vinyl laminate flooring yesterday and psyched myself up to starting it this weekend. Tried to get 9 X 9mm 8’x4’ ply sheets delivered to smooth out the floor ..... and can’t get them until Tuesday. :( Oh well, Netflix it is then!

Submitted my claim to MasterCard for my EasyJet refund that hasn’t come for our Barcelona flights that were cancelled. Applied for refund, told will take 28 days from 22 June. No refund but another email on 22 July saying refund authorised and sent to my card but could take up to 10 days to show. Been 16 days now and fed up with excuses so going through the credit card.

Last edited:
Been to work today.serviced back boiler.Fitted hob .Helping out the landlord sell some beer now.Next week.cycling Caladonian Canal.Get yourselves along,you retired folk.

Have you cycled the Santiago de Compostela, connected a boiler for my plumber buddy this morning and he is training for next year

Sponsored Links
Back