What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
I can see it now, you finish, stand back and admire and think "Where is my new phone?"
Lol. Not quite but many, many years ago when I used to smoke I would literally put up a maximum of three strips of wallpaper, stand back and admire it while I had a fag. :eek:

Lol. Not quite but many, many years ago when I used to smoke I would literally put up a maximum of three strips of wallpaper, stand back and admire it while I had a fag. :eek:
Reminds me of when my uncle worked with me..He spent all day rolling his own fags and smoking...Finally had to sack him the day we were discussing the source of the water pizzing through the ceiling and he asked the customer the location of the nearest backy shop!!..Not spoke to me for 20 years!.

Sounds like an old neighbour.
My dad reckoned he used to be a truck mechanic. I had never seen him go to work though, he just tatted around outside the house, fixing cars for cash.

I could never understand how he managed to survive though, what with not having a "proper" job, and only doing very slow and infrequent car repairs.

My dad used to say that, if he wanted the bloke to look at a problem with his van, he'd say "we'll have a cuppa and a fag, then take a look at it."
And repeat and repeat until, some hours later, he would actually "look at it". :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Finished the hall flooring today. Well, I still have to do the threshold section to the lounge (Have to cut into door frame) and make good all the skirtings. Tomorrow I’ll crack on with the kitchen/diner. The multi tool and impact driver have been worth their weight in gold. I’m surprising myself with the standard of my work - normally I run out of patience - it would be getting on my tits by now and I’d be doing sloppy work. Must be a combination of old age/boredom doing nothing/lockdown. (n)

912BB176-B717-4107-BD87-BBDF6E13F66D.jpeg

Finished the hall flooring today. Well, I still have to do the threshold section to the lounge (Have to cut into door frame) and make good all the skirtings. Tomorrow I’ll crack on with the kitchen/diner. The multi tool and impact driver have been worth their weight in gold. I’m surprising myself with the standard of my work - normally I run out of patience - it would be getting on my tits by now and I’d be doing sloppy work. Must be a combination of old age/boredom doing nothing/lockdown. (n)

View attachment 202588

I think it's more to do with posting the pics on here and knowing we will be demanding to see the finished job.
If you b*lls it up you know you will get stick! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I can see it now, you finish, stand back and admire and think "Where is my new phone?"

Reminds me of the carpet layer who finished laying a new carpet. Wanted a smoke after the job, but discovered his fags weren't in his pocket any more. Then he noticed a bulge in the middle of the carpet and thought "I'm not pulling the new carpet up for a few cigaretttes" - and hammered the bulge flat.

Customer came in to pay him for the job and said she'd found his cigarettes in the hall, and asked if he had seen her per gerbil as it had escaped from it's cage. :)

More flooring today. I’ve broke the back of the job now - well past the halfway mark. All the fiddly bits done and the rest should practically fly down. Having a day off tomorrow. Should be finished by Monday, Tuesday at the latest then just a matter of making good on the skirtings that I’ve removed. Mind you, I’ve picked up a couple of injuries - both drew blood and lots of it. Right thumb and little finger on left hand. Did both on those bloody carpet gripper spikes. Did the thumb on the bottom stair gripper and the finger on the threshold strip. They do sting a bit!

Ouch.
I always pricked myself with gripper rod. Grr!
I even sliced my finger open tucking carpet under a skirting (no gripper rod involved....).

I've been tidying the garage. Got to the point I was falling AOT over stuff.

As usual, we have too much stuff and not enough house to store it.

So I'm tidying stuff away. Work in progress, but it looks a lot better already.

Got to be good if I'm not walking into stuff.....I have lymphoedema and taking chunks out of my leg is a bad thing.

I'm in the middle of making a display box for our collection of Zippo lighters.

I worked at Faslane submarine base in the 70s, the NAAFI had Zippos with the emblems of all the subs on sale I regret not buying them

Although I don't smoke (and have no intention of ever doing so), buying a decent lighter is something I've often fancied doing....

It's one of those things that a non - smoker is unlikely to have, but is sometimes the only tool for the job. Which leaves you in a pickle.....

Sponsored Links
Back