What have you been doing today?

We had our first sit in meal today since March. We met up with friends and had a nice meal in the Hawk at Battlesbridge. Now that Mrs Mottie has seen it can be done, hopefully we'll be going out to eat more often - providing we don’t come down with Coronavirus in the next 4 or 5 days! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Was the MIL's 80th birthday this week. Couldn’t get a restaurant that could take us all so we organised a picnic in Weald country park and set up in one of the outside barns. Lucky we did as it was very windy and raining. There was MIL, her three children and their wives/husbands, her five grandchildren and their partners and her three great grandchildren. Was a great day though, the whole family were there.

Was the MIL's 80th birthday this week. Couldn’t get a restaurant that could take us all so we organised a picnic in Weald country park and set up in one of the outside barns. Lucky we did as it was very windy and raining. There was MIL, her three children and their wives/husbands, her five grandchildren and their partners and her three great grandchildren. Was a great day though, the whole family were there.
Visited there on one of my trips to Brentwood to bring the culture of the North to Essex, very nice place

And then some rozzers turned up and fined you £50 for an illegal gathering? :mrgreen:

Tep pin bowling with 2 of my stepsons and the eldest ones girlfriend.
When we used to go before Covid the youngest always had the bumpers up when it was his turn. For his birthday in April his mum bought him a custom made bespoke bowling ball. So 5 months after his birthday he gets to use his present for the first time. It was a disaster!
3 Strikes in the first game plus a couple of spare and 2 strikes and a couple of spares in the second game. He wiped the floor with us and all with the bumpers down!
It was great fun though and the rest of us were really trying to keep up with him but he was outstanding. I even joked his mum had got the makers to put a tracking chip in it because he was so accurate.

Took Notch7 off the ignore list. He's on a probationary period.

That's a good idea. I might put Himmy on as he's getting a bit obsessive. Like some kind of stalker - sad really. Same claptrap every time. Suppose we should feel sorry for people like that.

Think the sad flake may be cruising for another ban soon, anyway.

At work today and as I was at the far end of the forest decided to take my lunch with me rather than cycle all the way back to the rest room to eat.
Sat on a log in the forest munching on my quiche when up pops a little vole about 3' in front of me out of his little hole. Obviously smelt my lunch because his nose and ears were twitching like crazy so I threw a small piece of the crust towards him. Shot out the hoe like a bullet from a gun, grabbed the crust and disappeared down the hole with it. About 30 seconds later he re-appears and actually sat in front by my feet looking up at me! He ended up getting well fed today.

:LOL::LOL: That will teach me to re-read before posting!
You know it should have been hole not hoe.

Supposed to be on a work rest day.
Dug up a small apple tree that was not performing and trimmed and mowed 2 large lawns.

Sponsored Links
Back