What have you been doing today?

Honestly, our one leaves them wet and they dry without a steak or mark. As I said, the bloke lives in my street and when I walk the dog in the morning he is filling up the tank in his van with pure water. He has a purifier in his garage and he brews his own. (y)

That crew must have been pulling a fast one then, Would love to know how much the contract was for.

Sponsored Links
Bloody nightmare today! Finished the floor, finished my downstairs Ethernet and thought I’d get the upstairs sorted. I knew it was going to be aggro and it was - had the floors up in two bedrooms and landing running a Cat5e and an extra long HDMI cable. Anyway got them up to the loft eventually. Of course, I’m getting it in the ear from Mrs Mottie because of the state of the bedrooms and landing - according to her, when I fix one thing, I **** up another. I had almost finished, refitted the landing floor and carpet, refitted our bedroom floor and carpet, refitted the 2nd bedroom floor and through my own ****ing laziness I couldn’t be arsed to straighten the very last nail on the carpet gripper so I got an ordinary nail, banged it in and immediately heard a hissing sound. Yep, I'd gone right through a heating pipe. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I ripped the floor up and got a jet of water in my face for my trouble. When I saw where it had gone through, I could have honestly cried! Right into a 22mm compression Tee. Not even enough room to get a wrench onto the nut.

AF8C38BB-BF20-4C30-A8F5-D72CE847F8FA.jpeg

I had a sod of a job doing it. Managed to find an old 22mm straight compression connector in my box of bits, a tin of 15 year old jointing compound that had to stir back to life, some new olives and nuts from a 90° compression and a piece of pipe that was juuuust long enough to join where I could get a wrench on it - had to take half an inch off of it. Had to drill and chop the joist about to be able to get a wrench on the nut and with a bit of levering I was able to get the pipe in and tightened.

37FBD1E8-17F2-4672-A990-4389CA9E59E8.jpeg

Pressurised the system and ran it for a while. Seems okay but I’ll check it again in the morning before having another go at putting the floor back down tomorrow. Meanwhile, I’m in the doghouse proper with Mrs Mottie. I felt like Frank Spencer getting told off by Betty but Mrs Mottie was using words that Betty never would say to Frank!
0416C71F-4A2E-47C3-8FE8-0EE37DE75902.gif

Last edited:
It's never "What a lovely floor, darling!" It's always "There's water ****ing everywhere - what have you done??"

Sponsored Links
I had almost finished, refitted the landing floor and carpet.........,
Mrs Mottie says it’s got to be done again as there is a 'lump' in the middle of it. I’ve just looked and whilst I did a good job of fitting the edges with my carpet kicking tool, I neglected to see what appears to be a bloody pencil right in the middle! This is turning out to be one of those jobs.

Edit: Yep, a pencil. One job done and it’s not even 8.00. :)

Last edited:
Well, my run of good luck continues. Took my dog our for its morning walk and I took my mums dog too. The bloody thing found the sloppiest, stinkiest puddle of soft fox **** and rolled all in it.

727D0CEC-3523-4E9A-8F8F-45BF3EF00321.jpeg

I had to wash her down when I got home. Luckily I have the best stuff for the job.

ED680CA4-EA5E-44BC-9CEB-71603648221E.jpeg

Today I've been fighting with the useless council regarding the local pub. It's still breaking all covid guidelines as well as being it's normal git self.. They were issued what is basically an asbo and the guy just sticks two fingers up at them. Music is very loud, pub ram jammed. I took a video this weekend in the garden to show the council and now the pub is erecting a massive marquee to stop me doing that again, lol. It's around 13ft tall, is against neighbours boundary fences, huge and breaks all planning rules... sigh. The guy knows how to play the system, that's for sure. Takes around 3 months for retrospective planning to get refused.. I wish I lived within an area with a better council!

I sympathise with you. My friend has a house near to a very large restaurant run by Turks and they have broken every rule in the book regarding use, planning, noise, operating hours, car parking, refuse collection etc etc. The restaurant seems to close every few months and open up under a different name with the same owners. They also stick two fingers up to the council and are just getting away with it. It’s as if the local council are frightened of upsetting them.

I just think council's can't be bothered - it costs money to be bothered :(

Just signed up for Covid 19 antibody testing research study, got invited by Lord Bethell of Romford

Sponsored Links
Back