1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

What have you been doing today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mottie, 19 Feb 2020.

1. conny

conny

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    At work maintaining a section of hot tubs and regulating the chemical balance. Got to one lodge and no guests about so I went about my business doing what needed doing. One of the last tasks is to take the water temperature with a floating thermometer, so I've got the tub lid raised and resting on my head waiting for the probe to finish registering when I hear the sound of a couple of girls squealing near by. Holding the lid with one hand and thermometer, still in the water, with the other I peered over the top of the lid. Don't know who was more shocked, me or the girls, (young ladies in their 20's to early 30's I would say), who had come running from the lodge through the open patio doors to jump in the tub for a bit of fun. All 5 of them wearing the skimpiest bikinis I have ever set eyes on! Suffice to say I quickly made my apologies and exited to the sounds of laughter behind me. I bumped into 3 of them later on during my second round and they apologised for startling me. We had a good laugh about it though and they have promised me a coffee in the morning when I come to empty it. :)

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Brigadier

Brigadier

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

Matron!! :ROFLMAO:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mottie

Mottie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Certain veggies are getting thin on the ground over the allotment. A meagre harvest. Still to come - Spuds, carrots, butternut squash, parsnips, sprouts and leeks. By the bucketful. :mrgreen: 0E1A1E53-A73B-4B3B-BF10-89FC2B9FCBFC.jpeg

5. crystal ball

crystal ball

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Got any pics ;)

6. Mottie

Mottie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    7D803B65-B7CC-4479-8A61-4FA388E45247.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. conny

conny

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    As it's illegal to photograph someone without their prior permission, (unless there are extenuating circumstances such as a crime being committed by them), and I didn't have my camera with me anyway, then the answer is no. They were a lovely bunch of attractive young ladies on a hen break, (even though they, and stag breaks, are not supposed to be allowed), without the bride to be because she had suffered a fall and had her leg in a cast and confined to bed rest at home. She insisted they still went as otherwise they would have lost their money as it was too late to cancel and it was one of the other girls who booked it.

The complete opposite, and I don't intend that to be taken as a sexist remark. Some of the nicest ladies I have known have been on the 'large' side.

8. JohnD

JohnD

Thanks Received:
    Cook Islands
    nope

in some circumstances it may be a breach of privacy. In some circumstances it is entirely permissible.

Do you have a law in mind?

9. conny

conny

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Today was a bitch! One bloke didn't turn up and another went off half day for an interview for a different job.
    Add to this we have one of the older guys retiring next month with no sign of a replacement yet and it means we will end up with a bigger workload between us.
    The final straw was as I drove out of work I got a puncture and had to wait an hour for the AA to turn up, Luckily it was a lovely day and I had my fags and a book to read). I had the bad wheel off and the spare mounted but not tightened up because I thought something wasn't right so gave them a call. Guy called James turned up and I was explaining the problem when he asked me how tight are the wheel nuts. I demonstrated only finger tight and began to undo one. Then the 'problem' hit me square in the face. My original wheel is an alloy, the spare is a standard steel. When I tried to tighten the bolts on to the steel wheel the washers were still slack so I was afraid to drive in case the wheel came off the hub. As I showed him they were finger tight I realised the chamfered stem was gripping the wheel tight. I felt stupid but as he explained, I'd never come across it before so I did the right thing calling them. If I had been wrong and driven off then the chances were I'd have ended up in a ditch at the side of the forest. New tyre needed as it would have come up as an advisory' on Wednesday anyway at the MOT because there is not much more wear to the marker strip.

10. Sponsored Links
  11. conny

conny

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I would have thought breaching someones privacy was against the law. I certainly don't like mine being breached.
    Regarding permissible, I did say in certain circumstances such as a crime being committed.

12. JohnD

JohnD

Thanks Received:
    Cook Islands
    This the bit thats wrong.

As for privacy, if you are sitting in your bath, you have a right to privacy. Thanks to the Human Rights Act 1998. The Act gives effect to the human rights set out in the European Convention on Human Rights. Luckily, recent UK Prime Ministers are in favour of abolishing these rights. There may be a partial replacement with diminished rights, but we don't know what it will say.

If you are walking down the street, you don't.

13. Mottie

Mottie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Well, that’s gone spectacularly wrong. Was supposed to be delivered in 6 days and should have arrived on the 17th. As of today it’s in the Bologna hub and it’s a 96 hour ferry trip to Sardinia. He was due to fly home on Thursday! The efficiency of the Italians eh? Funny thing was, when he was struggling to use the pallet tape tool, my mate said to him “I know what you're doing wrong". Quick as a flash he said "So do I, I built a ****ing villa in Sardinia". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

14. Mottie

Mottie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    At least you got a good bit of use out of it. Nothing worse that getting an irreparable puncture on a nearly new tyre. I got one on the Evoque when on holiday in the Peak District and I’d literally fitted a complete set the day before we left, cost me just under £600 for them and I fitted and balanced them myself. I hadn’t done 300 miles on 'em. Cost me over £150 just for the tyre to fit myself when I got home. :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  15. securespark

securespark

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    In a public place there is no expectation of privacy. Otherwise no one would be allowed to install CCTV.

16. sodthisforfun

sodthisforfun

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Bingo. You can photograph anyone in a public place and do what you like with the image, it's not illegal.
    You can photograph someone in a private place (though can be asked to stop/be done for trespass) and do what you like with the image but you may be forced to take it down because of a right to privacy. Even then it's not really a UK criminal law thing, it becomes a civil matter.

17. Notch7

Notch7

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Some muppet walked down our street last year and stuck a sharp pin into tyres in loads of cars including mine. The neighbours Merc had all 4 done.

Because the puncture was in the sidewall it meant new tyres, cost the neighbour £1k