What have you been doing today?

You can even take pictures of anything you can see from a public place and that is perfectly OK too. Trouble starts when people think you can't take pictures of them or their buildings because "they're private", even though they can be seen from a public place.
The really stupid thing is (and this has happened to me) that often the police get called because someone "has a camera" and instead of the police saying "it's lawful to take pictures as long as they are on public property", the police (who always claim they are severely short-staffed and have better things to do) turn up and argue with the photographer. In my case, I was in the city centre of Manchester taking pictures of street scenes and the copper had the cheek to suggest it was my fault he was wasting his time dealing with me. "If you weren't taking pictures, I wouldn't be here..."
Completely absurd.
As STFF says, it's a civil matter anyway, so nothing to do with the police.
It's the same when police attend visits by TVL...yes, they are supposedly there to prevent breach of the peace, but TVL use them to pressure the householders. In one film I saw, the TVL guy demanded the copper arrest the householder because he was not cooperating. In another, the copper explained that "we are here to make sure you don't have any working TVs in the house". No, THEY are here with regard to TVs. YOU are here to prevent a breach of the peace. And nothing else.
Why are the police always acting as if they are on the side of companies and organisations? It's almost as if they are paid to do this.

Sponsored Links
Called to a machine breakdown in a metal bashing factory, opened a panel full of solid state relays, the MD walked past " I think its a relay problem" me " nah these are bomb proof never had a failure in 40 years" waiting for a new relay from RS to arrive in the morning :whistle:

Edit, and to top off the day took a chunk out of my nearside door mirror casing on the way home, new one from Amazon due tomorrow £25

Had my flu jab yesterday, £15 in the pharmacy. Don’t want to be catching that on top of the 'rona!

Had my boiler serviced today by my mates son who is a newly qualified Gas Registered installer. Seemed strange - I’ve know him from birth, he’s been on loads of holidays with us as a child and here he is, a grown up man servicing my boiler! When I asked him how much, he said just knock it off his bill when he has his car serviced. Fair do's, I love the bartering system. :)

Last edited:
Just had my car MOT done and passed with flying colours. No faults and no advisories.
Same thing with my wifes car last week. Not cheap getting both done at the same time but at least it takes the worry away for another 12 months, (assuming neither is involved in an accident of course).

Sponsored Links
Yes, I’m bored. Just cleaned 15 years of dust, fluff and dead skin :confused: from the inside of our not-so-silent, silent bathroom fan. All good now - silent once more and the humidity sensor is working again.

Just some of the detritus that I swept out, didn’t inhale and couldn’t catch in the dustpan. Perhaps I should have worn a mask! Might leave that for Mrs Mottie to find and wonder how it got there. :LOL:

92F64A9B-1958-422B-9D94-2F7AD4C3B50B.jpeg

Last edited:
Chasing a fault on outside lights, first port of call are the lights with JBs, all ok, then the easy access lights, of course it was the hard to get to fitting with the problem

Two chimneys to sweep today....the first one, no problem, £40, thanks.
Next one, the old dear forgot I was coming and lit the fire :eek:
Oh well, that one for tomorrow!
John :)

Closed a couple of old TSB accounts I had. Used to pay 5% on first £3K, currently paying 1.5% on first £1.5k, from December it’s paying......... 0%. Bye bye. Might as well buy some premium bonds - at least that won’t be any worse than 0% with a chance of winning something.

Oh, Just downloaded the NHS track and trace app. (y)

Last edited:
Grrrr. Mrs Mottie is out on babysitting duty until about 9.00 tonight, I was going to do the weekly shop, pick up a prescription, look at a car and validate a new PIN number on my NatWest card only to find my key fob is in my man bag on the back seat of the Evoque and the doors are locked. :mad: Keyless entry too - it’s not supposed to be able to be locked with the keys inside and the other fob is on Mrs Motties key ring in Chelmsford! Oh well, I’ll have to get my scooter out and do everything except the shopping. :rolleyes:

Very Handy item I must say!.
Lol. I had that attitude towards them once but get one and you’ll never go back! It was handy, amongst other things, to carry my lunch and a weapon in when I went to work by train but I haven’t done that since March. Mainly used when I go dog walking, which I did this morning. Mrs Mottie came with me this morning too and when we got back home, she opened the front door while I was getting the dogs out of the back and forgot the bloody thing was still on the back seat. Checked on the cctv and saw that it had locked itself, which it is not supposed to do with keys inside car but I think I’ll find that it’s in its faraday pouch and it probably opened and started on Mrs Motties key that was in her bag. It carries;

Poo bags
Dog treats
Phone
Dog leads
Car keys
House keys
Monocular
Fold-up specs
Dog ball
Bluetooth EarPods
Tissues
Wet wipes
Paracetamol
Sunglasses
Empty thermos cup
And if there’s a threat of rain, my fold-up Berghaus waterproof jacket.

So there! :p

C4E88FD3-E0F4-41EF-B23F-CE1EEF0FBF23.gif

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back