What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
I just find it interesting that illeglal sports streams are acceptable form of behaviour for some who wax lyrical about upholding the rule of law.

;)

Sponsored Links
My biggest regret was I left him, quite perky and alert, to go get his fav cat food as I'd run out. I got stuck in traffic and when I got back, he had died in the churchyard behind the house, his fav place in the world. He was still warm when I picked him up. I hate it that he died alone and quite horribly, and am still peed off with myself because I feel like I'd let him down.
You didn't. Whether we are looking after animals or children, we always do what we think is best at the time.
That's all we can do.
Please don't beat yourself up about it.

We offered to take in two cats when the owners who were emigrating to Canada ran out of time.

One of them was Elwood.
He was very like your cat in that he was mega friendly and affectionate, gregarious, I suppose.
He had heart and lung disease. :(

9521-91d74d739d1cb53e1d33a000b5d01dff.jpg

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
We offered to take in two cats when the owners who were emigrating to Canada ran out of time.

One of them was Elwood.
He was very like your cat in that he was mega friendly and affectionate, gregarious, I suppose.
He had heart and lung disease. :(

9521-91d74d739d1cb53e1d33a000b5d01dff.jpg
What a lovely looking cat too :)
Apparently a lot of cats died of heart failure because people didn't know the importance of taurine in their diet. Once it was added to commercial food, heart failure deaths began to wane.

Didn't realise ebay did houseboats. I wouldn't mind one as a holiday home, though I think houseboats could soon come in for a clobbering by the tax men and councils.
I think be ok - if you stay in one place, have to pay council tax (lowest band) but if move every couple of weeks, are exempt. The boats have come a long way since I was a kid on a holiday on one. They're gorgeous :)

Gotta love the 'rare' items for sale on eBay. Search for something rare on there and there are currently 2,994,417 results for rare items. :rolleyes:

Always talk, please don't apologise :)

I envy your opportunity for a peaceful ending, as hard as that is.

My cat in the avatar was my best buddy. Amazing cat, more like a dog and really was my mate - my other half joked that he was lower on the pecking order in our house than him but it was true, lol. Well, just after his 12th birthday, 6 and a half years after he started to live with us, he got unwell. He also had a heart condition, and within 3 days of ups and downs he died. We had tried to get a vet booked to come to put him to sleep peacefully at home because driving to the vet would've killed him in a horrible, fearful way the vet was the only thing he was frightened of. I could only book it 2 weeks in advance, something I think is utter madness. Illness isn't that convenient.

My biggest regret was I left him, quite perky and alert, to go get his fav cat food as I'd run out. I got stuck in traffic and when I got back, he had died in the churchyard behind the house, his fav place in the world. He was still warm when I picked him up. I hate it that he died alone and quite horribly, and am still peed off with myself because I feel like I'd let him down.

Sorry, that was rather depressing!

Don't beat yourself up about it. He probably knew it was near his time and as you weren't at home he knew you would look for him in his favourite place, which you did, and that you would take care of what needed to be done. Again which you did.

Just had a couple of kippers for my breakfast so I’ll be doing as Nigella says for the best part of the day. Cook, eat, repeat!

Sponsored Links
Back