What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear this Tony. People say it can feel like losing one of the family. They are wrong. It IS losing one of the family. I know the pain and grief you feel.
Not just a member of the family, but normally the kindest, most patient and fab member of the family :)

Sponsored Links
I remember having to take my cat to the vet for the last time. He was 18.
My eldest, then 9, insisted he come to be with the cat. I asked him if he was sure because he would see Blackie die.
He was adamant.
I felt gutted as I watched the vet put the cannula in the cat's leg.

I cuddled Blackie afterwards and cried buckets.

On the way home, the eldest called to me from the back of the car.

"Dad?"
"Yes, darling?"
"Why did you murder Blackie?"

My Ben, a King Charles Cav, had a heart condition which we only found out about when he was around 5 or 6. He had to have tablets and a few times a year had to have drainage. Finally it was time to let him go because his condition was just getting worse. The date was 31st December 2005 and the vet came to our home to see to him. He patiently sat next to me while she shaved his foreleg and then just as she was about to inject him he turned, looked at me as is to say, "Thank you" then looked at the vet as she injected him. Then he just laid his head on his paws for the last time. The vet left to get a blanket from her car and I'm not ashamed to say I wept buckets. Still think about him almost 20 years later. 25 days after he left my first grandchild was born so she took my mind off him but I often thought about him and still do when I see a brown and white Cavvie when out shopping or something.

Sorry if this upsets anyone. Just feels nice to talk about him again.

Not just a member of the family, but normally the kindest, most patient and fab member of the family :)
That’s true. I once locked my wife and my dog in the boot of my car. When I opened it up and let them out two hours later, only one of them was pleased to see me......

Sorry if this upsets anyone. Just feels nice to talk about him again.
Always talk, please don't apologise :)

I envy your opportunity for a peaceful ending, as hard as that is.

My cat in the avatar was my best buddy. Amazing cat, more like a dog and really was my mate - my other half joked that he was lower on the pecking order in our house than him but it was true, lol. Well, just after his 12th birthday, 6 and a half years after he started to live with us, he got unwell. He also had a heart condition, and within 3 days of ups and downs he died. We had tried to get a vet booked to come to put him to sleep peacefully at home because driving to the vet would've killed him in a horrible, fearful way the vet was the only thing he was frightened of. I could only book it 2 weeks in advance, something I think is utter madness. Illness isn't that convenient.

My biggest regret was I left him, quite perky and alert, to go get his fav cat food as I'd run out. I got stuck in traffic and when I got back, he had died in the churchyard behind the house, his fav place in the world. He was still warm when I picked him up. I hate it that he died alone and quite horribly, and am still peed off with myself because I feel like I'd let him down.

Sorry, that was rather depressing!

Didn’t know that was your cat, I don’t like cats (don’t know why) but that’s a really good looking cat, kind of tiger like.
Grew up with dogs and always liked them better than cats - until the one I talked about. Wicked cat, so confident, friendly and really quite smart - knew a ton of words and was even able to teach him about road sense which for a cat is flippin hard! He became legendary around here - he spent all summer in the churchyard behind our house and would get daily visitors. People of all ages just wanting to sit next to him on the church bench and have a fuss, I wasn't aware for a couple of years how popular he'd become. The local art class held at the church painted him too, lol. When he died, people gave me flowers, knocked on my door to say they were sorry about the news and his death was reported in a local community paper. Was all quite unexpected.

Bored today. More bored than usual. Ended up reprogramming all my fire tv sticks. Removed the kodi build and now just running Kodi with Rising Tides and UK Turks. That gives me all I need in the way of sport, TV and Films.

Bored today. More bored than usual. Ended up reprogramming all my fire tv sticks. Removed the kodi build and now just running Kodi with Rising Tides and UK Turks. That gives me all I need in the way of sport, TV and Films.

Illegal streams.

Sponsored Links
Back