What have you been doing today?

I think a lot will go all out with lights & stuff this year. We all need cheering up.

Sponsored Links
Hopelessness, I'm afraid. Or, bad luck.
I swear I have fell off more times in the past three months, than from my various BMXs, ever!

Latest was a fall onto outstretched right hand, leading me to consider having broken it.
Either bad luck, or lack of concentration after 20 miles and being unable unclip SPD in timeo_O
X-rayed after two weeks' of aching, luckily not broken.
May need a scan if it doesn't improve though, as I may have damaged something unpronounceable......

Gutted actually, as I have just got some LED lights, so I was hoping to do some night-riding over the tracks.

Most usual bone to break in the wrist when you land on your hand is called the scaphoid. Only a small moon shaped thing below the base of your thumb but hurts like crazy. Only treatment is either a firm bandage or a wrist cast. Can take 6-8 weeks to heal sufficiently to begin using it so long as you rest until then.

EDIT: It can be very difficult to pick up on an x-ray unless they are looking for it so it may have been missed.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Most usual bone to break in the wrist when you land on your hand is called the scaphoid. Only a small moon shaped thing below the base of your thumb but hurts like crazy. Only treatment is either a firm bandage or a wrist cast. Can take 6-8 weeks to heal sufficiently to begin using it so long as you rest until then.

EDIT: It can be very difficult to pick up on an x-ray unless they are looking for it so it may have been missed.

Doctor said it was soft tissue damage, at base of little finger bone to wrist area.

I don't want to do the scaphoid; it has poor blood flow, doesn't heal well, and I've known people have to have it wired back togethe , as it wouldn't knit itself:(

I had that about 20 years ago when I did a running punch to one of those 'test your strength' punchball machines and didn’t use the glove. It didn’t half hurt - and I had to drive home too. Had a cast on for a couple of months. :(

Last edited:
Doctor said it was soft tissue damage, at base of little finger bone to wrist area.

I don't want to do the scaphoid; it has poor blood flow, doesn't heal well, and I've known people have to have it wired back togethe , as it wouldn't knit itself:(

Yes, poor blood flow and can take much longer. Did my right one nearly 30 years ago after tripping over an electric motor in work. Took 12 weeks because I couldn't sit with it and do nothing. Learnt my lesson, about 5 years ago when I did my left one after slipping on a dusty floor in work I did rest it as instructed, (my wife should have been a matron on a hospital ward). Still took 9 weeks and was only allowed light duties for a month.

Did she see anything she likes? And yeah, London prices are just insane now.
Can she afford Horsham? Very close but a bit nicer?

Very worrying time. I’m so pleased that the furlough is running until spring. Hopefully it will reassure a lot of workers.
EasyJet’s shares went up 36% at the news of a vaccine!!

Did she see anything she likes? And yeah, London prices are just insane now.
Can she afford Horsham? Very close but a bit nicer?
Wasn't keen on Horsham, Crawley is a bit hit and miss, been advised to avoid Broadfield, but she's found a place in Ifield, just her buying it so needs a good deposit. "Daaaaad"

Sponsored Links
Back