What have you been doing today?

Went to a Christmas fayre, (see post in Best Photo thingy), then came home for lunch before going swimming with my wife, stepson and daughter and granddaughter, (who is confidently coming along 'swimmingly' ;) ). After that we went for a Chinese dinner, did a bit of late night shopping and took a tour round the town centre to see the Christmas lights.

Sponsored Links
I just sat and watched the television all day.
At one point i even considered getting off the settee and switching it on.

Last edited:
Went round and set up a new telly for my mum. A 43” Panasonic smart TV. Smaller than the 40” Sony it replaced and less than half the price she paid for the Sony one many years ago. Cracking picture and just £369. Oh, and it was approximately a quarter of the weight too!

Sponsored Links
Read a book.."Fragile lives " by Prof Stephen Westaby...Heart Surgeon..Next is Christopher Hitchens..."God is not great"..Boarded loft and put my maps up to plan cycling routes for next year...Probably follow some Eurovelos.(16 long distance cycle routes)

After my dog walk this morning, I cleaned my boots. That got me into digging out the other boots and I gave them all a good clean off in the sink (must clean that out before Mrs M gets home!). They were all caked. I cleaned all the treads out too. My winter wellies, my other wellies, Mrs M's wellies and walking boots and my walking boots. I’m going to silicon the wellies and wax/cream the leather boots when they are dry enough. Very satisfying and I feel like I’ve done something useful. :)

00A07E4B-FDEF-4258-81E0-6E5CECFA42B9.jpeg

Today I’ve been fixing and filling the skirting boards in the kitchen/diner that I removed to fit a vinyl laminate floor back in August. I’ve been promising that it would be done by Christmas and I’m running out of time. Rubbing down and painting them tomorrow. Possibly!

Set up a 12' Christmas tree outside the front of the house and my wife and step children helped to decorate it. Baubles, tinsel and various other deccies including 3,000 lights! (yes, 3 thousand! Bought an empty extension reel to wrap them on to when they come down.). Friend, who lives over half a mile away across the fields, Facebooked my wife to say she loves the tree and decorations. :LOL:

Set up a 12' Christmas tree outside the front of the house and my wife and step children helped to decorate it. Baubles, tinsel and various other deccies including 3,000 lights! (yes, 3 thousand! Bought an empty extension reel to wrap them on to when they come down.). Friend, who lives over half a mile away across the fields, Facebooked my wife to say she loves the tree and decorations. :LOL:
Pictures. We want pictures. (y)

New office (was supposed to be a guest room!) has curtains. Mdf strip fitted with glue on the insulated wall. Not very exciting, bit another job done.
IMG_20201220_173100000.jpg

Last weekend i was vinyl sheet fitter and mastic man.
IMG_20201212_174858918.jpg

A quick trip to Sainsbury’s to buy ANOTHER turkey crown! As we now aren’t going to our sons for Christmas dinner, I was sent out to buy them a turkey crown which we will deliver to them with a Covid-safe handover on Christmas morning along with the grandsons presents. We will be cooking the original big bastard at our house and freezing most of it. Turkey curry for the whole of January I reckon! :confused:

Last edited:
jonbey

We are doing the same! Finishing off our bedroom and en-suite before Christmas. Not that we will be in it before January..... eldest Son is currently in residence.

upload_2020-12-21_14-51-5.png

Yes, we are changing the hideous inherited brass door furniture...

And we have put up some architrave above the windows to hang curtains.

upload_2020-12-21_15-6-23.png

Noted that, so far this year, I have totted up over 920km on the bike so, resolved to get to the grand before the year is out.
So, I toddled off this morning for another 30-odd kms. Job's a good 'un.

Only for my phone to pack up; I have therefore deposited it at the menders.
Don't have a spare, and cannot remember a single password for anything - I am utterly reliant on the fingerprint log-in on my phone.........

2020 - the year with no respite in sight:cautious:

I am utterly reliant on the fingerprint log-in on my phone.........

2020 - the year with no respite in sight:cautious:

Every time I try to use fingerprint ID the device refuses to recognise my print. I have set it up on 2 phones and a number of work related ID systems on;y to have it refuse to acknowledge it next time I try to log in. I have to rely on pass words or numerical codes. Crazy thing is, I have to record them in a little book but I have to do it in code in case I lose it or ot gets stolen!

Sponsored Links
Back