What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
My old MK1 RS2000 replica that I built from a bare shell. I saw it a few years after I sold it at a Classic Ford show at Dunton. It won second prize.

6B1D04D9-18B2-450A-9E6F-407BC4B2BF53.jpeg

26301F01-3C41-4946-858D-BABCE3122CCD.jpeg

My old MK1 RS2000 replica that I built from a bare shell. I saw it a few years after I sold it at a Classic Ford show at Dunton. It won second prize.

View attachment 228252

View attachment 228251
Fkinghell mate what a beaut, what are they 185 60 13's on those 5 1/2 J RS Alloys :D Stunning. Lots of respect.

Rs2000 too wow so a pinto block? 45 Dcoe's?

Did you ever see a Mk2 RS1800? That was my dream car before the Mk1 Rs Turbo

Cosworth 205 block. It had 40's on it when I sold it but when I next saw it, it had throttle bodies. I think the tyres were 205 50’s
Beautiful work.

I just googled the Rs1800 - 0-60 8.2. Oh my god that's so **** nowadays. Its funny when you hear 'it went like shh't off a shovel'.

Saying that when i first went in an Rsturbo Mk1 specd about 7.9 to 60 that felt rapid.

I tried everything, clearing it with my scanner, disconnecting the battery for a while but still no luck. In the end I had to Hotwire the starter to start it up and it was okay from then on.
How do you know it won't do the same thing again though?

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know it won't do the same thing again though? Next time someone might not be able to "hotwire" the starter - I dislike cars when they don't work
It only happens when you crank it for a total of 60 seconds without the engine firing (in my case, 3 x 20 seconds). It didn’t start as there was some air in the fuel system. It won’t happen again unless the fuel filter is changed and not bled properly before trying to start. My own stupid, lazy fault!

I am not interested in cars as such but when I worked in Zimbabwe I had to do an inspection on electrical work at a FE college, in a corner of a workshop covered in a tarp was an immaculate MK 10 Jag, I did enquire if it was for sale

Sponsored Links
Back