What have you been doing today?

Please be very careful when walking a dog near/amongst cows, it can be dangerous, especially when they have calves.
Yeah, she’s not that type of dog to chase or even go near them but I always slip her lead on near cows and horses anyway. (y)

Sponsored Links
Yeah, she’s not that type of dog to chase or even go near them but I always slip her lead on near cows and horses anyway. (y)

I have seen through your pictures, that she is a nice well trained dog (treat thief).

But it's the cows which can be a problem, they can chase and attack dogs.

Had to go into town to get myself sorted at the eye hospital. Bit blurry after the dilating drops so decided to shelter in the nearest 'Spoons and have a couple of pints of Doom Bar. Hungry after so had a grilled chicken naan wrap from the Indian window in the covered market, very nice. Bit of shopping, then good walk out of centre, stopping in another of Tim Martin's establishments for an Abbot Ale. Then bus home.

Making the most of pubs and draught ale before they're closed again. Tastes so good after months of bottled beer. Will be out on the bike Friday night, supporting a couple more boozers. It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it. :)

Sponsored Links
But it's the cows which can be a problem, they can chase and attack dogs.
They were waiting for us today! When we went through the gate, they started to follow us but gave up after about 50 yards. They all seem to be calves - no real big 'uns there.

684BCBAF-CDCB-4BD1-B837-C39FAA68628B.jpeg

7B386496-5273-4673-A89E-D5AD65FCC9A4.jpeg

I’ve been over the allotment today as they’ve been having problems with intruders/vandals/little c***s coming over the fence at night. They’ve been coming over between mine and my neighbours plots. To get to that point you have to cross a river and then shin up a tree and drop down over the fence into the allotments. I went over the river today and that involved crossing over on some pipes - I fully expected to end up in the river - and going through some thick vegetation. These are the crossing pipes:

AFE2D0FA-B983-4D3E-BBD2-4D7B463626D0.jpeg

Anyway, I did that and cut down a few trees and used them to make a barrier that would be hard to negotiate, especially in the dark which is when I expect they coming over. Hopefully that’ll keep the little scrotes out. Just a little bit of vandalism at the moment but it needs nipping in the bud. If not, we’ll have to set up a few booby traps or even hide over there one night. :cautious:

Just back from my first ride for a week, really noticeable how quickly stuff grows this time year, hedgerows, crops all shot up in a week, checked my Ospreys its feeding time

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 11.00.48.png

Sponsored Links
Back