What have you been doing today?

Won't be secret when you crank that bad boy up!
original.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It was ten years ago to the day that my mate came running out of the room with tears streaming down his face shouting "It’s a boy, it’s a boy!". We decided straight away that that would be the last time we visited Thailand.

After my dog walk this morning I’ve been up in my loft removing some big platform made of 4”X2” in the centre of my loft area that used to support my cold water storage tank when we had vented hot water. I’ve been using it to put my CCTV DVR on it but the heat has killed one unit in the past so I've been re-routing the camera wires and I will be siting it in a void between the upstairs ceiling and the loft floor where it’s a good 19 degrees cooler when the sun's out. Mrs Mottie told me to change into my old clothes, I didn’t, I knelt on a nail and ripped a hole in the knee of my best hiking pants. Ballcocks! Fix one thing, **** another. She says that should be my motto. :rolleyes:

AF995E9A-79EA-4456-ADDB-0398D0E3C28B.jpeg

Off to the dentists, again, in about half an hour. Had a temporary filling replaced on a tooth a month or so ago, £62. Then had root canal on same tooth, £280, now it’s settled down, going back for a permanent filling and a clean. £222. Oh, and to top it all, I had another filling come out on Saturday so that’s got to be sorted too. I’m falling to pieces!
Took my tooth back today, it’s been giving me a bit of jip. I was getting some pain in the tooth that I had done. I asked him to check whether there was any infection in it but an X-ray showed nothing serious other than a cracked/faulty filling. As I’m in the motor trade, he is always talking about teeth to me in comparison to car terms whenever he explains things. Anyway, got to go back next week to have the filling redone. Only thing is, there’s no nerve in that tooth so he says he can happily drill away with no anaesthetic. :eek: He said he was doing it for free under the 12 month, 10,000 bite guarantee! :mrgreen: All it cost me was £17.50 for the X-ray.

I need a filling but my dentist said that he can’t do it as he’s not allowed to use his drill because of the aerosol effect. He gave me an appointment for January next year, and that was in January this year.

I need a filling but my dentist said that he can’t do it as he’s not allowed to use his drill because of the aerosol effect. He gave me an appointment for January next year, and that was in January this year.
Strange. When our one does the drilling or cleaning jobs, he then has to leave the room for a certain amount of time afterwards to let things settle and then clean the floor and all surfaces before the next patient. Two of my friends use different dentists and theirs does the same. We have to check-in outside via an app and have to remain outside until we are collected and taken in where we then have to put masks on, use hand gel and given temperature checks at the entrance before being allowed in. Oh, and no rinsing out with that blue water either. It is a private practice, I don’t know if NHS are different.

Over my allotment today doing a bit of weeding and I think a Colombian cartel had taken over the plot next door to me. Several of the beds are like that and I’m supposed to be taking that plot over next year. :eek:

9212731B-9613-45C1-90CA-756983603B1E.jpeg

Took our old Golf up to the workshop today and replaced the rear discs and pads. Surprisingly for me on one of my own vehicles, it all went smoothly and I got away early. I must be getting my mechanical mojo back!

Just got back from the allotment, peas are coming on fine but while I was doing some weeding, I heard a loud fluttering. I looked in my sweetcorn netting and I saw the most humongous dragon fly. It was longer than my finger and the size and wingspan of a sparrow! Anyway, I caught it in a flowerpot and released it. I could still see it 50 metres away as it flew over a tall tree.

2B39FA22-7F5D-4EE6-A51F-30A5FA1DD3E2.jpeg 0637ED17-B95B-4634-A086-47B8D174ED2A.jpeg

Last edited:
Poppies are running rampant all over this year. College gardens have got them sprouting up everywhere and 12 months ago it was a concrete dust covered building site.

Finished the day off by having to stay late to rectify an overflowing water storage tank. The level is regulated by a sensor rather than a ball type float valve. By the time I was alerted to it the plant room floor was under 2" of water.

Sponsored Links
Back