What have you been doing today?

Just got in from an 'event' that I was reluctantly dragged to by Mrs Mottie. It was an outdoor event - a 70’s night. Despite the rain, it was bloody fantastic! The band were great and I’d definitely go to another one. It was great to see people outside, letting their hair down and enjoying themselves. Some people danced all night in the rain and must have gone home soaked to the skin. Only drawback to a seventies night was it was full of seniors and therefore there was a bit of a queue for the bogs. :LOL::LOL:

Sponsored Links
Insulating my shed. Done all the walls, just the roof and the backs of the doors to do.

Bike ride to our local Buddhist centre, coffee & scones on the lawn watching birds & butterflies in the sunshine, very tranquil

Bike ride to our local Buddhist centre, coffee & scones on the lawn watching birds & butterflies in the sunshine, very tranquil
Piddling down here! Just been to the dentist to have a filling replaced. No nerve in that tooth so no anaesthetic needed. Anyway, I had my big boys pants on!

Sponsored Links
Trying to sort out Mrs Motties birthday break to Jersey that I booked months ago. They’ve brought in new rules for red countries which the U.K. has been from yesterday according to their rules. Option 1 - Free testing at airport on arrival and then you must isolate for up to 12 hours in your hotel room or until you get an all clear. No problem with that if I have to but we are arriving at 11am and can’t get in our room till 3.00pm and nobody can answer where we go in between those times. Alternatively, Option 2 - get a Covid test up to 72 hours before arrival, no test and no isolation needed as long as you are double jabbed which we are but it must be from a UKAS level three accredited centre. All those offering Covid tests will say is "Yes, we are UKAS approved" but when you press them further, they admit they are not level 3 approved! Option 3 - change to a later flight, take test on arrival and sleep through the 12 hours testing and then up and out the next day - problem with that is only late flight are from Heathrow (we're flying from City airport) and Mrs Mottie doesn’t want to go through the crowded hell hole that is Heathrow. Option - 4, drive, get the ferry and arrive evening time, test on arrival and sleep through the isolation period but too long a drive and too long a crossing time. Option 5 - scrub it, find somewhere in the mainland U.K., bank the flights and use them to go there or elsewhere another time as she's got the collywobbles about travelling out of the country anyway! That’s looking favourite at the moment!

Last edited:
Option 5 - scrub it, find somewhere in the mainland U.K., bank the flights and use them to go there or elsewhere another time as she's got the collywobbles about travelling out of the country anyway! That’s looking favourite at the moment!
Option 5 - deployed. :rolleyes: Just wasn’t worth the worry Mrs Mottie was going through - a holiday is supposed to be something to look forward to, not worry over! The hunt is now on for a decent hotel anywhere in a good location with some interesting places to visit nearbyish no further north than Warwickshire but preferably south of London.

Edit: Just booked a nice 5* place in Bath. Paid up front as it was an extra £160 to pay on arrival with free cancellation. We're not cancelling this one! Her choice, she chose it, I'm just going with it and it’s just under a grand cheaper than the one that I booked in Jersey. :whistle:

Last edited:
Piddling down here! Just been to the dentist to have a filling replaced. No nerve in that tooth so no anaesthetic needed. Anyway, I had my big boys pants on!
That filling was lower left and Friday night after biting in to a Belgian bun, I had a bit of a sensitive pain in my upper right. That turned into a massive throbbing pain that I’ve had all weekend - I think a bit of icing has found it’s way to the nerve! Been munching my way through pain killers and using a hot water bottle on my cheek to get asleep. The pain even extended to my ear so thinking it could be an ear infection I saw an emergency doctor on Saturday but all they saw was a slight inflammation. Left a message this morning at my dentists to call me back ASAP and currently waiting to hear from him. He's normally quite good at fitting me in. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Just had a triage call from him. Can’t see me until 9.30 tomorrow morning - and that’s only for the initial check up, X-ray and diagnosis. Will have to discuss treatment when he knows what it is and when I can be fitted in. :( I have to go up there in a minute though to pick up a prescription for some antibiotics. Mrs Mottie says I should be grateful he can fit me in at all. :cautious:

Just been over the allotment and had a mini harvest. Having a chicken and pea risotto tonight with my own peas, garlic and chicken stock. Lettuce is for our lunch rolls.

43F11CE1-954B-4E44-820C-1B2F04E68329.jpeg

Having a bit of a bad one. My 84 year old mum phoned me up - she’d had a fall indoors, hurt herself and couldn’t get up. I dashed round and she was half in, half out of her bedroom. She had fallen by the back door trying to move a massive pot plant and broken her hip! She'd dragged herself to her bedroom (bungalow) where she could reach the phone. I phoned 999 for her and they said roughly four hours wait as she was breathing, not bleeding and conscious. My sister turned up shortly after and got on the phone again and they prioritised her. Anyway they turned up, gave her gas and air, morphine and put a cannula in. She couldn’t have been in a more awkward place - once the drugs had kicked in they had to basically wiggle a plastic sheet under her and drag her out of the room, across the hall and into the lounge before they could get her onto the trolley then take her out into the garden and round the side. I tell you, it’s not nice listening to your mum scream that loud and my sis got quite upset. Anyway, she’s in hospital now so just have to wait to see what’s what. :(

Went for a walk with the dogs today and caught a couple of snails going at it like hammer and tong. In broad daylight too the Randy buggers! Mind you, you think they’d have cleaned away their own poop before getting down to it. :rolleyes:

77D56404-4AE9-4573-958C-521F5B624F02.jpeg

Went to the festival of speed yesterday

good day

good weather

Probably the biggest event of its type in the world ??

10 mile bike ride, had to take avoiding action when some silly mare pulled out in front of me, starting to rain so its the final push to complete my year end

Been out for a walk with the dogs and today we were joined by our newest clan member, Rosie, on her first walk in the big wide world. She loved it. We introduced her to some cows and she didn’t know what make of them. :LOL:

E2D1123E-6EDE-4408-9358-368E23237D00.jpeg
66E6681B-12AF-41CC-BBA4-61505FA019EC.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back