What have you been doing today?

Our daughter is getting married next year. She’s been with her boyfriend for 7 years. Tonight we are having a 'meet the parents' evening. I’ve been told to talk as little as possible. Whatever can she mean? :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

I get that told everytime we go out! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

Sponsored Links
Drove to Bromley, spent the day with old friends we'd not seem in 18 months+

In fact, the last time we saw them was Feb 2020, just before life as we knew it ended.

Weather was great, spent most of the day in the garden, before popping into Bromley to gather some exotic supplies we can't get near home.

Sponsored Links
Over the allotment today. Pesky squirrels had got in my corn netting and decimated my sweetcorn. :rolleyes:

FD8162DC-610E-4C51-923D-280AC32C05B5.jpeg

Later on, a couple of Spitfires flew right overhead on their Battle of Britain memorial flight. I wasn’t quick enough to get them on their way past but got a picture on their way back.

B8BED3C8-6C2F-4511-8A24-9D036A82E872.jpeg

Spent most of the day at work helping bring in charity donations for Afghan refugees. The response was amazing!
Certainly restores your faith in peoples ability to think of others less fortunate. The first photo is within 2 hours of opening up. The second is after 5 hours collecting, virtually non-stop, as soon as some cars pulled away there were others to take their place. Even the CEO got involved and went out to buy lunch and snacks for everyone.

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

Early call out to a faulty TIG brush weld cleaner, sorted, going out on bike now (coffee & cake at the Buddhist cafe)

Replacing lights in a sports clubhouse, nice steady job until I had to remove & make safe a couple of old fittings, went in the loft full of cobwebs, pulled the cables back to a hideously over full JB, disconnected it while balanced across two joists, dropped the screws, fitted some Wagos as temp fix, back tomorrow to replace the lot, too old for this malarky

Grabbing freebies! Don’t know if it’s common in your area, but round here people put unwanted items outside their house with a note to help yourself. Today, one of my near neighbours put out a bike and a toy push along bike amongst other things with a note to 'please take'. The bike needed a couple of tyres (they were worn and cracking), gears needed adjusting, chain needed lubing and the rear wheel and steering head bearings needed adjusting. I happened to have a pair of tyres in the shed that I took off my own bike years ago to put better ones on so they went on. Anyway, all done and it is something Mrs Mottie can now ride up to either of our local High Streets on to do a bit of shopping on and it probably won’t be nicked but if it does, it won't matter! I bought her a Pashley many years ago for just that but she was too frightened to leave it outside the shops.

FF6E3BC0-3F0B-4675-AA48-2E7CA6D02CC6.jpeg

Also, from the same neighbour, a scoot-along bike for my Grandson. No work needed on that!

74EA4BA4-308D-4BFA-811A-F2FCC0293F69.jpeg

Last edited:
Sitting at home having just filled out a car insurance claim. Going to work this morning and was stopping behind a line of traffic to let an ambulance come through when a young lad ran into the back of me at about 35mph. Shunted my tow bar under and can't get the boot open. Managed to bring it to the garage I go to at the end of the road and he suspects it may have twisted/distorted the sub frame which will be a write off. Sickening because I had my MOT done last week and had a new tyre fitted on Monday.
On a personal note, my right shoulder is beginning to ache like buggery. Thankfully I have front & rear dashcam footage and insurance company say it will be classed as a "No fault" claim.

Just got back from an evening session over the allotment. Go over there in the sun and you melt, go over at dusk and the gnats are about so it’s a fine balance. Anyway, I was laying some proper council spec flagstones down for my shed base that I had been gifted from another owner who had given up his plot due to illness. Moving them from one plot to another was absolutely knackering. I pedalled over there in my recently converted electric bike but I came all the way home on the thumb throttle!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back