What have you been doing today?

Just got back from an evening session over the allotment. Go over there in the sun and you melt, go over at dusk and the gnats are about so it’s a fine balance. Anyway, I was laying some proper council spec flagstones down for my shed base that I had been gifted from another owner who had given up his plot due to illness. Moving them from one plot to another was absolutely knackering. I pedalled over there in my recently converted electric bike but I came all the way home on the thumb throttle!

:LOL::LOL::LOL: You're getting to that age mate. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Eye test this morning, went to local independent instead of Specsavers 10 miles away, very good service, going back on Saturday to look at glasses with my fashion advisor

20210923_140337.jpg
I've been watching these little critters from the balcony forthe last week. I've been putting water out for them. Today, I thought I'd try to get a picture. There's no sign of mum but she must be around as their home was100yds from there last week.

Over the allotment today moving more council sized paving slabs about, digging my new plot over and making paths. I’m a bit achy!

Sponsored Links
View attachment 244830
I've been watching these little critters from the balcony forthe last week. I've been putting water out for them. Today, I thought I'd try to get a picture. There's no sign of mum but she must be around as their home was100yds from there last week.
What on earth is that tree - looks like something on the Savannah in Africa

What on earth is that tree - looks like something on the Savannah in Africa
I can’t remember what it is called, it will come to me. (Drago seems to ring a bell) It’s Tenerife so not far from Africa

I went for a game of golf today with an old mate I haven’t seen since he sold the MOT station just before Covid. We had a buggy to save our legs but I’ve still got an aching shoulder and a clicking left knee. They’ll probably take a month to get better. :oops:

Received holiday paperwork,tickets ,luggage labels ,covid instructions, got the suitcase out of the loft, looks like a goer this time after three postponements:D

Having harvested all my beetroot from the allotment, I’m experimenting with different thicknesses, oven temperatures and baking times to make beetroot crisps. No joy so far but I think I’d best pee while seated later and not look before flushing!

A mate of mine will not eat beetroot because it colours his poo & pee

Yes, can be quite frightening together first time it happens. The first time it happened to me, years ago, I thought I had something terribly wrong with me. It wasn’t until Mrs Mottie said "Christ, that beetroot yesterday has really turned my wee red" that I had an overwhelming sense of relief. The dull pain in my bladder disappeared, the sun was shining, the birds were singing and I felt like I’d been born again! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Sitting here with my arm in a sling after the hospital reviewed my shoulder x-ray from last week.
Consultant looked at it yesterday and phoned to tell me I have an AC splinter of my clavicle and need to have it in a sling. As my work consists of about 95-98% manual work, and the rest paperwork, my boss told me to go home and do as I was told until another x-ray on 11th October.

Sponsored Links
Back