What have you been doing today?

Playing with the better half’s new wheels before she gets home…

mmmm gadgets :ROFLMAO:

4A696CEF-0185-4E0A-AA58-72E57BCF18C4.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Leased. With the govt salary sacrifice scheme for electric vehicles it’s actually less to run than our previously bought Volvo (factoring in depreciation, servicing, etc)

So, without the taxpayer funded incentives, would it still be a sensible purchase?

Please don't get me wrong, I'd buy one tomorrow if it made sense in my circumstances.

So, without the taxpayer funded incentives, would it still be a sensible purchase?

Please don't get me wrong, I'd buy one tomorrow if it made sense in my circumstances.

It would be different for everyone I would imagine. My other half doesn’t do mega mileage each year, so it’s not like we can save enough in fuel costs to offset the additional cost of the car. Normally we wouldn’t go for a brand new car, nor for a premium saloon car either. So no it wouldn’t make sense for us without the salary sacrifice, but as that’s what’s on free at the moment it made sense to do it. Better and newer car & lower fuel costs for the same money as before.

Last shoot of the season today. My Susie did another perfect retrieve. Oh, and I won the number of shots sweepstake. :) She worked her socks off and is now zonked out on the sofa for the evening.

794D8D99-2395-4CDA-A08C-E55D2F9D2078.jpeg

8B3DBE5E-3550-4EC2-9D97-9118CCFC6FEA.jpeg

I recently had a taxi ride in a Tesla and after chatting to the driver about the performance he 'floored it' a couple of times. **** me the acceleration was unbelievable and so smooth and quiet.

I recently had a taxi ride in a Tesla and after chatting to the driver about the performance he 'floored it' a couple of times. **** me the acceleration was unbelievable and so smooth and quiet.
Yeah, it’s silly fast - 4.2 sec to 60. All wheel drive too, so no traction issues.

Not quite as fast as my other motor, but still far more acceleration than is really needed unless on a track :D

Been building my new router table. Fook me! I'm an engineer and it took me 4 hours to decode the flaming little drawings and get up and ready!
No description of what size screw/bolt goes where, just take a chance the ones you think are the ones in the drawing are the actual ones. Pain the neck when they are too short but bigger pain when they seem to fit but actually belong somewhere else because the ones you were going to put somewhere else are 3 mm too short!
Got halfway through and decided to take a break. Looked on YT and found a guy building the exact same one. Starts off by unpacking everything and sorting into relevant piles, (same as me), flicks through assembly booklet, (same as me), then tosses it away, (not same as me). Made a few of the same mistakes as me, (such as fitting one part then discovering you have to remove it to fit something else first), but eventually got it up and running. He also pointed out a few things that were not in the book such as how to level up the router support plate with some little grub screws. I agree with him that it looks good value for money but need to put it to the test tomorrow with any luck. Pleased to discover that my new dovetailer will also screw down to the bed table to give me a steady base to work from.

Sponsored Links
Back