What have you been doing today?

Slight OT. Was planning to vacuum the first floor but have a cold/flue/aches pains, so no can do.
Lol. So this is your 'what you haven't done' today post. I was planning an ascent on the North face of Everest this morning but I've decided to wash the car instead.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Finished wallpapering the utility room. Brushed and hosed down the patio. Went for a swim with my wife and granddaughter. Picked up a Chinese takeaway on the way home. After eating I assmbled my new dovetail jig but too knackered to try it out. That can wait till next weekend.

Washed the Golf with my pressure washer. Gave it a good snow-foaming first, blasted that off then used a soft brush to wash it with then another blast off. It's only the dog-mobile so I didn't bother leathering and waxing it, just a quick blast round the block to dry off the brakes - I'm not going to be using it for a few days and I didn't want the discs to rust!

Early morning dog walk up to Costa in Upminster, then to the windmill and back. Indoors now, feed the dog, have some brekkie and then off to the fun factory for a couple of hours of .............fun, fun, fun! :LOL:

9AABC36A-F6D2-41A3-920B-E3BAB4681B95.jpeg

I've seen that a few times. That's normally an indication of something broken, floating about and occasionally jamming in between the clutch plate and pressure plate diaphragm preventing complete disengagement of the clutch. Clutch drag, it's called. 'Watery' clutch fluid is about as valid as 'stinky' air in the tyres causing handling problems! There is absolutely no way 'watery' clutch fluid would cause the problem you had. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again, so be prepared.
It has happened a couple of times since. Each time we waited a few minutes and it was OK again, but it is a bit of a liability. So this morning we picked it up after having a new LUK clutch and DMF fitted.

£1223.30 with six hour's labour @£55/h.

upload_2022-1-25_11-54-52.png

Do the advisories sound earth-shatteringly expensive?

Could the oil leak just be a gasket? As long as the turbo doesn't need changing......

Guess the driveshaft needs swapping out?

I've never heard of front driveshafts vibrating on acceleration - did they vibrate on acceleration before the clutch was fitted?
Slight oil leaks could be nothing to worry about.

Labour doesn't seem too bad but nearly £700 for a clutch and DMF seems a bit toppy. I would expect a dual mass 'assembly' to include a clutch and even at £480 it's is not cheap. I bought a complete Sachs DMF kit for our diesel Golf (still to fit it yet!) for £250.

Sponsored Links
Back