What have you been doing today?

Hit the ton in my van today for the first time, £100 to fill up:eek:

Last month in Czech Republic I was paying £1.17 litre of diesel. Even cheaper in Poland at £1.05. Prices there are still the same. Big shock to see prices here nearly £1.50. Still I suppose they're using the stick to get us into stupid tree hugger cars. Rip off Britain!

Sponsored Links
Hit the ton in my van today for the first time, £100 to fill up:eek:
When I bought my first new van in 1987 (Bedford Rascal), I couldn't quite squeeze ten quids worth into it. Nowdays, it costs me more than that to fill up my commuter scooter!

Been over my allotment today taking delivery of my new shed. Managed to get one coat of treatment on it before it got too dark. Going to give it another coat this week and again in the summer when the t&g boards dry out and shrink, leaving untreated slivers between the boards.

97C08DD2-579E-49B7-8A60-37C2EA517589.jpeg

C7B6FD31-BCE2-489E-9391-B62B0E688670.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Easy money day today. Of a session for 2 naughty boys, one student didn't turn up because they hadn't been notified of the new session time (school finally realised that Friday afternoon is the wrong time to book sessions for those who don't attend - I did warn them!) and the other one came in glassy eyed, half asleep and stinking of weed. I ****ed him and his tutor off back to school and 'grassed' them up. Job done. :)

Last edited:
An early morning walk with the dogs. Took a few pictures of the church and one of the Temple at which a few on here possibly worship at!

3C7C8351-323C-4016-B244-8E1882450D56.jpeg 27D69133-86CE-437C-B2FD-1AAFFBB53AF7.jpeg ACA773F3-8A85-4172-A660-937D9532FAB2.jpeg

Loading up the van ready for my trip to Essex to spread some northern culture to the huddled masses

Been over the allotment today. Gave the new shed another coat of wood treatment. Borrowed a rotavator as I'm going to give the ground a good going over this weekend but I couldn't resist just giving it a quick plot test before putting it in the shed. It's a lot easier than digging it over!

8DE893D6-A391-471B-AE85-5AB156C52B94.jpeg

More allotment duties today. Fitted some guttering and rainwater collection to the shed and rotavated about a third of the plot. Quite hard work actually. I thought it would be just like cutting the grass but there's a bit of pulling and pushing to get to a decent depth plus the vibration of the machine can be hand numbing at times. More rotavating tomorrow then go and collect some well rotted horse **** from the stables.

1CD616B7-A914-4FE3-845A-0628CFEFC1DE.jpeg

More churning up of the allotment plot and a general tidy up today. Half the plot is done now, I'll do little bits between work in the week and it should be done by next weekend.

Cooked a delicious roast beef roast today but what made the meal was my gravy. Made from the reduction of the juices of the meat, a stock cube, the peelings from the veg plus half an onion - bloody 'andsome!

D865DB27-777B-4988-B865-6C45BDA137D3.jpeg

Been over the allotment today. Gave the new shed another coat of wood treatment. Borrowed a rotavator as I'm going to give the ground a good going over this weekend but I couldn't resist just giving it a quick plot test before putting it in the shed. It's a lot easier than digging it over!

View attachment 257261
That soil looks real nice, ideal for an allotment

Fitting a new key safe on the MILs house after one of the carers decided to change the combination without telling anyone else (for security reasons), so District Nurses, hairdresser, various neighbours & delivery persons were stuck outside, give me strength.

Sponsored Links
Back