What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Had to leave t'pub early as too upset. A local legend had a stroke on Wednesday & we were told he'll survive. Popped in t'pub to hopefully make arrangements to visit & rip the pi$$ with a bunch of grapes only to be told that he died shortly after & they were just waiting till all the family could be informed.

This will be a BIG funeral, & it could get messy.

Had to leave t'pub early as too upset. A local legend had a stroke on Wednesday & we were told he'll survive. Popped in t'pub to hopefully make arrangements to visit & rip the pi$$ with a bunch of grapes only to be told that he died shortly after & they were just waiting till all the family could be informed.

This will be a BIG funeral, & it could get messy.
Sorry to hear that

Sponsored Links
Always a shock when someone you know and have recently seen in good health, dies suddenly. There’s a bloke who lives in the drive opposite me who spends most of his day sitting in the barbers up the top, bumping gums with Ali, the barber. I saw him a few weeks ago when I walked past the shop with my dog and I just gave them both a wave. Three days later I went up for a haircut and Ali told me he had dropped dead the day after I saw him.

Been on a shoot today. We had a guest dog with us. All together…aaaah!

A6450CA9-A627-4A5B-8A93-A4EB5BE6D908.jpeg

She was a bloody good worker! :giggle: (y)

When I was at the sheep farm over christmas I was offered a Collie pup, the farmer kept one from the litter to train and the bitches were snapped up leaving one male pup. I was gutted having to walk away from him but it wouldn't be fair with both of us working full time.
One day.

Yep. You definitely need time to look after a dog properly. Our work life over the last ten years has been around the dog and we are never both out of the house for more than 5 hours. Used to be 3 hours when she was younger but she sleeps more these days. Holidays - dog comes with us or she stays with our friend (who bred her) so she gets daily off-lead walks in woods, spends time with her doggie relatives and sleeps on our friends bed every night. If the only option was to put her in kennels, there is no way we would ever go on holiday.

When I was at the sheep farm over christmas I was offered a Collie pup, the farmer kept one from the litter to train and the bitches were snapped up leaving one male pup. I was gutted having to walk away from him but it wouldn't be fair with both of us working full time.
One day.

Why were the bitches snapped up leaving the male, are bitches better for training?

Andy

If the only option was to put her in kennels, there is no way we would ever go on holiday.

I'm the same, I just could not do that to any dog.

we are never both out of the house for more than 5 hours. Used to be 3 hours when she was younger but she sleeps more these days.

I try to limit at 2 to 3 hours home alone, worried about her struggling for a toilet that long. I don't really know how she manages, when she voluntarily doesn't go out for much longer, other than she will deny herself both food and drink until she has an opportunity to get out. I let her out habitually before I go to bed, she often (probably boredom) wakes me up in the night to go out, but she is more than able to last the night, even often refusing to go out the next morning even when she knows I'm going out.

I go through a slow routine, of getting ready to go out - so she has plenty of warning. Even offering her a special treat from the utility room at the back. By the time I have got around to the front of the house, she will be looking out the living room window, treat in her mouth uneaten. The treat remains uneaten, then, until I get home again.

Between times, me sat watching TV or etc. she goes to the living room door, turns and stares at me to go out, or taps me.

Dropped eldest off back at Uni in Notts.

On the way back, we stopped at Matlock Bath.

Twas a pretty ****ty journey there and back, much heavy rain, but despite this, MB was heaving.

Dropped eldest off back at Uni in Notts.

On the way back, we stopped at Matlock Bath.

Twas a pretty ****ty journey there and back, much heavy rain, but despite this, MB was heaving.
Swimming competition on in Matlock today and tomorrow, which might explain some of it.

Sponsored Links
Back