What have you been doing today?

Why were the bitches snapped up leaving the male, are bitches better for training?

Andy

The honest answer is I don't know and didn't ask, as Brig said possibly because of breeding and the value of pups. I don't think he sold any at over 400 quid which strikes me as cheap but I'm guessing they went to friends in the farming community, I could have had 'Dave' for nothing although I would have paid something toward their wedding fund.

Sponsored Links
Our friend and her partner only have bitches for breeding. It’s a hobby for them as they love the breed. They only breed one litter per year from all their 6 bitches. They sometimes keep one from each litter. Between them they have two 16 week old pups, a 20 month old, a 4 year old, an 8 year old and a 12 year old. They do this to keep their own bloodline going. When they sell a pup, it is docked (as they are working cockers), chipped, KC registered and insured for six weeks. Potential owners are vetted and they go on a list.

Our friend and her partner only have bitches for breeding. It’s a hobby for them as they love the breed. They only breed one litter per year from all their 6 bitches. They sometimes keep one from each litter. Between them they have two 16 week old pups, a 20 month old, a 4 year old, an 8 year old and a 12 year old. They do this to keep their own bloodline going. When they sell a pup, it is docked (as they are working cockers), chipped, KC registered and insured for six weeks. Potential owners are vetted and they go on a list.
When you say 'docked', do you mean cut their tails off?
I thought this had been made illegal many years ago?

Sponsored Links
When you say 'docked', do you mean cut their tails off?
I thought this had been made illegal many years ago?
Yes. Only legal for working dog breeds. Our cockers are working cockers as opposed to show cockers. Same breed but different lineage.

Last edited:
Had our son, his wife and the grandson, our daughter, her husband and the mother in law over for a belated Boxing Day dinner. Had a great time. They've all just left and Mrs Mottie is running her mum back home leaving me to do the first fix tidy-up.

Went to take my car out for a run
Flat battery :sneaky:

Decided to cover a new dash board I bought hmm that went pear shaped and looked carp

Will seek the services of a professional

Spent more than 8 hours in A&E with my wife after my car got rear-ended again!
Was taking her for a check up at hospital, when we were approaching a roundabout. Ambulance coming down the road on the right with blue lights on so I was stopping in case it was going round the roundabout to the hospital. As I came to a stop the car behind slammed into us. He damaged his front headlight, bonnet and front wing. My damage was rear bumper, (including the big metal bar across the rear framework), boot door, rear wing.
My main concern was my wife, (obviously), because she is disabled and has a cage supporting 3 vertebrae in her neck and the jolt caused her severe pain. She also lost the movement in her right arm. Five police cars, one police investigation vehicle, an ambulance and 2 roads closed off. Oh, and it made the local paper by 10am.
Thankfully, after several CT scans and X-rays she appears to have just bruising and soft tissue damage but needs to keep an eye on things for at least the next 48 hours. If anything seems amiss to go straight back. I don't appear to have anything physically but feel very shook up and told to watch for aches/pain over the next few days.
Both drivers breathalysed and both negative. Other driver admitted to me, and to police, it was entirely his fault as he took his eyes off me to watch ambulance direction.
Sickened because had a similar incident about 15 months ago when a young driver ran into the back of me, again to let an ambulance, (with blues on), weave its way through traffic to an incident. In that one I ended up with a fractured collar bone and my arm in a sling for 3 weeks. Still waiting for the compo claim to be settled.

Blimey Conny, with cars, if it wasn’t for bad luck you wouldn’t have any! Glad to hear that your wife's okay though.

Sounds like they were treating it a a fatacc from all the cavalry involved ! (a fatacc can be called even if there is no immediate death on scene, it just bumps up the incident to a higher level of response).

You will of course be reporting all this to your insurance provider. You are now target number 1 to be bombarded with personal injury services . . . . .
I BEG you to go & see your local trusted regular family solicitor before you commit to anything your insewerence broker throws at you.

Was just about to set off on my bike in a ****ing downpour for my 12.00 session in the workshop when I got this message.

D9C0D0C9-9DEE-4BE0-82D5-938F4657D6F9.jpeg

Hooray, no work but still chargeable so work clothes off and back on the sofa. Think I’ll watch a film. :giggle:

Last edited:
Well, poor VYV, (wifes name for my car because of the reg), is being sent to that big scrapyard in the sky. :(
Seems the cost of repairs will exceed her market value, (around £6k), so been looking for a new one,
After looking at a few today I've decided to take a test drive in a Vauxhall Zafira, 1.4L MPV tomorrow. Looks a nice car with some nice features and did a few price comparisons with other dealers throughout the country. Seems price is fair and has a full service history. 65 reg, (January 2016), and looks immaculate. Feels comfortable to sit in and all seats are spotless and firm. Nothing on insurance database to show any previous accidents, (though I realise something may not have gone that route).
Let you know tomorrow how it goes.

Just had a quick look at 16 plate 1.4 Zafis. Surprised that a couple of them have had new clutches at low mileages, which makes me wonder about the rest of the car!

Also, one had a cambelt at 55K. ???

Sponsored Links
Back