What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
If it’s what he did today, it’s what he did today and it’s in the right section. If I plumbed a rad in today, should I mention it in the plumbing section? Same if I built a wall. You two could say that today you wrongly complained about a post being in the wrong section on a diy forum. ;) (y)

Last edited:
Also, one had a cambelt at 55K. ???
I think it’s 6 years on them irrespective of mileage so perfectly reasonable. The recommendation for our A3 is 5 years and that’s March this year. It’s only just hit 50k. Our TDI Golf recommendation is 4 years. It’s got 120k on the clock. The previous owner changed it once, I’ve changed it (and the water pump) twice and it’s currently overdue for its next change but it’s got to go by August this year thanks to khans ULEZ expansion so I wont bother.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I had a plastere
If it’s what he did today, it’s what he did today and it’s in the right section. If I plumbed a rad in today, should I mention it in the plumbing section? Same if I built a wall. You two could say that today you wrongly complained about a post being in the wrong section on a diy forum. ;) (y)
So are you saying someone who's found a leaky roof today should write a post to say they've found a leaky roof today what does everyone think about it in this section of the forum or the roofing section?

I had a plastere

So are you saying someone who's found a leaky roof today should write a post to say they've found a leaky roof today what does everyone think about it in this section of the forum or the roofing section?
It's not compulsory to write anything about what you did today but if it’s what they did and they feel like contributing to this section, it’s what they did. If they didn’t know what to do with the leaky roof they could always ask in the roofing section. I’m sure there's plenty of posts in this section about floors people have laid, walls they have plastered, cars they have fixed, windows or kitchens they have fitted etc.etc. It’s just what they did. Feel free to join in. Or not.

I think it’s 6 years on them irrespective of mileage so perfectly reasonable.
I can't get my head around time-related service items.
Mileage counts too. 6 years at our sort of mileage rate would be high 80K, but at my Mum's mileage rate would be around 6K.
If you are a motorway-munching sales rep or service technician, you could do 100K plus in one year.

Years ago, I knew someone who was a Rank Xerox service guy and he did an average of 120K a year. I never quite understood that, because he must have spent nearly all of his working day driving.

In fact, I once bought an ex-RX car that was 4 years old and had 110K on the clock and it was described as "the locally-used run-around."

Just had a quick look at 16 plate 1.4 Zafis. Surprised that a couple of them have had new clutches at low mileages, which makes me wonder about the rest of the car!

Also, one had a cambelt at 55K. ???
It's the automatic model. My wife was looking at comparable ones last night and the price is in the right bracket, also got good reviews for reliability and comfort.
I know you can always 'get a pig in a poke' regardless of how much you pay for something.

Spag Bol for tea tonight and I’ve used up all our remaining frozen portions so I'm doing another batch cook of the Bol sauce.

4ECC67C1-F57D-4919-8ACE-9828551C9A7E.jpeg

Looking into an excavation (rainwater was never connected to main drain 50+ yrs ago, and foul had been broken by concrete slab. Probably at same time).

Fixed now, and garden put back (minus a bit of turf).

Sponsored Links
Back